1. #1 Bill of Rights is now Bill of Wrongs 

Bill of Rights is now Bill of Wrongs

The noose around the neck of liberty just got noticeably tighter.

Indeed, after the Senate voted down freedom of conscience Thursday, the body politic is standing tippy-toe at the edge of a precipice from which it will probably never recover.

Sadly, 51 senators decided to give a shove Thursday in an effort to push us over the edge once and for all. Fifty Democrats and one lone Republican, Olympia Snowe of Maine, >>>

Forget about the Bill of Rights; from now on, we may as well call it the Bill of Wrongs — the wrongs that an oppressive government will impose on a compliant citizenry that has forgotten what used to be self-evident — that our rights are endowed in us by our Creator, not granted to us by a power-hungry legislature. >>>

The Blunt amendment remember, tried to protect those “moral convictions,” but that did not satisfy Sen. Tester. In his press release, he noted that one reason for his vote against the Blunt amendment is that it “did not define” moral convictions.

So now we have it in a nutshell: Employers do have a right to their moral convictions, but only the ones that are government approved. If this does not worry a majority of Americans, then God save us, for no one else can.

MORE

-----------------------------------

0bama-cide. Drink some and you too will know utopi err... I mean Ameritopia.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

This country is on a long, slow slide into oblivion and has been for several decades if not centuries.

My only hope is to live long enough to teach my grandson the signs and how to hunt for a hiding place before the bottom falls completely out. I just hope there is one for him.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

Sadly, 51 senators decided to give a shove Thursday in an effort to push us over the edge once and for all. Fifty-one Democrats including RINO Olympia Snowe of Maine, >>>
    Fixed for accuracy.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.