Thread: Hi All

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi All 
    I've been around CU off and on, since the first day that it went online. I've always used the same username, and through crashes, etal, the database here likely has half a dozen permutations of my login, most of which I simply forgot my password.

Politically, an unbiased observer would likely call me a "Goldwater Republican" (mostly because I really am old enough to have voted for him). There are a few issues that I will likely disagree with current "mainstream conservatives", however mostly due to the fact that I am a pragmatist, and consider some issues outside the realm of political thought......these are minor.

Background-wise, I'm a retired physicst/engineer, currently living in the midwest (Missouri), however my wife and I have lived all over the world. My interests are science (of course) aviation, telecommunication and aerospace primarily, history (of the Middle East and Mediterranean specifically), ancient languages and civilizations, Biblical texts, as well as IT, current events and politics. That previously-mentioned unbiased observer would state that my interests are a mile wide and an inch deep........ I'm also an avid gun owner and target shooter, as well as an antique auto enthusiast.

Overall, I typcally don't post much, just jump in when I find something interesting, however I do enjoy reading the thoughts and opinions of others.........I'm pretty tolernant, except for willful ignorance........spent far too many years ensconced in various institutions of "higher learning" for that.

The "old-timers" here I know, along with a number of members that I've met along the way at other venues. Basically, I'm pleased to be a part of CU, and thank the owners for the opportunity.

doc
    Last edited by TVDOC; 03-04-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Welcome back TVDOC!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Do I know you???

Welcome back!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Do I know you???

Welcome back!
    I do believe that you do.....

doc

WB Doc,

I myself been around here on/off since the days when there were about 7 - 8 posters here. It's hazy but I recall you posting before.

I've been referred to as Zeus since before the advent of the interwebs so it's kinda grown on me.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Couldn't resist.
    Be Not Afraid.

Welcome back, doc, so glad you're here again. We look forward to your quality posts.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Hey Doc. Glad to see so many familiar names again.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Good to see you here, buddy.

rm -rf obama*

Welcome from a fellow noob. (And no, that's "fellow" with a small "f".)
    U.S. Army, Retired