Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    There is a phillipino club right off base here.

I should form a Scot club, and turn anyone away not wearing a kilt.
    So in other words you want to start a club where a bunch of dudes wear skirts?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I didn't know you worked for the Republican Party

You're not axquainted with Warren I take it?

I brought up this org at a staff meeting right after the co approved a GBLT group. I had 3 AA's and rwo Latinos volunteering for the charter meeting.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The original reason for the split had to do with interracial adoptions-the NABSW opposed placing black children into white foster and adoptive homes because white children were not placed into black foster and adoptive homes. This was still an issue in 1987 when I started working in the field, and at least in Michigan, it is no longer an issue. Black parents can adopt white kids and white parents can adopt black kids.
    i thought that the pecking order, for lack of a better term, was that nearest matches would be placed first, and when you run out of near matches, then you start considering alternatives? If that were the case, then as I understand the statistics, blacks would never adopt or foster white children, because you would always run out of white children while there were still white adoptive or foster parents left over?

I should also think that if it became common knowledge that white children were being placed with blacks, it would slow the complaint driven side of intervention in white families. I have no specific knowledge of the DCF business, but I would guess that a larger percentage of DCF interventions in white families are complaint driven, as opposed to the police referring a large percentage of the blacks. AM I wrong?

The real crux of this story is that blacks are more racist than whites are. Hell, blacks don't even like their own. If you're light skinned, you're a near pariah.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The real crux of this story is that blacks are more racist than whites are. Hell, blacks don't even like their own. If you're light skinned, you're a near pariah.
    That seems to be true from my experience too, unfortunately.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.