Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is how Moonbats think today,

The Moonbats always imagine themselves as the one in charge, in the old USSR officals in government didn't have to wait in line for food, TP, or anything else. In the workers state you had to bribe the guys at the garage to take a look at your car ( which BTW belonged to the government, not you). If farmers grew 200 acres of wheat, they got paid the same as if they grew only 20; so guess how much they grew?

In the Eastern Bloc countries everything was gray.
    The sky was gray, the ground was gray, the buildings were gray, even the people were gray.
    The Left in Europe and America were bigger supporters of the USSR and Warsaw Pact then the people who lived in those countries. Ayn Rand told how people were afraid all the time, of the State and other people; informites were every where. You lived in fear of that knock on the door in the middle of night.

Like I said before, The Moonbats imagine themselves as the ones in charge; they get to live well, everyone else get the short end of the stick and lives in terror all the time; The Moonbat's idea of paradise.

Karl Marx was a trust fund baby who got to run a factory in England his family owned.
    And he and his buddy Engales were among the first Moonbats ... and they were assholes to boot.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

There are a number of posts that rebut Taverner's question, and I'm surprised that they are still there, but he's having none of it. Some people just aren't happy unless somebody else's boot is on their neck.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

All of the atrocities of the Soviet Union are well documented, yet the party that speaks for half of our population denies it or tries to explain it away. This should concern us.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Nicholas II was a terrible leader. Russia was ripe for a revolution, unfortunately the end result was the USSR.

All the USSR accomplished was making a different group of people into the privileged class, instead of a heriditary royalty. One might be able to argue that the Russia of 1917 was far behind Europe and North America as far as industrial and technological development was concerned, and that the USSR brought the nation forward in those areas, but it was at a very high price paid with human lives.

Dummorrhoid Tavs sez:

Enough about the bad, what was GOOD about the Soviet Union?
    Only one thing: its fall.

baldguy

117. The USSR was around much longer than Nazi Germany, too.

For 120 yrs it was deliberate US govt policy to kill Indians, or to drive them off their land, so they'd starve. As a result dozens of cultures were wiped out entirely. How many were killed? 100 million? 200 million? We will never know.
    Dude. Wait. What.

Let's split it and call it 150 million. That's 1,250,000 people a year for 120 years. Rounded down, that's 3,424 per day for 120 years in a row.

Obviously I have a few questions. Foremost among them:

How in the hell do you logistically kill 3,424 a day for 120 years straight?
    What did they do with the bodies? That's a lot of ice trucks.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This is the kind of DU thread that truly angers me.
    This.

One of the things that was outlawed in the former Soviet Union was rock music. I read in a book that even the mere possession of a rock record was enough to land someone in jail. Those rockers who traded bootleg records in the former USSR were real brave,i wouldn't dare to do anything like that.

http://www.videoproject.com/rockinwall.html

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Dude. Wait. What.

Let's split it and call it 150 million. That's 1,250,000 people a year for 120 years. Rounded down, that's 3,424 per day for 120 years in a row.

Obviously I have a few questions. Foremost among them:

How in the hell do you logistically kill 3,424 a day for 120 years straight?
    What did they do with the bodies? That's a lot of ice trucks.
    I doubt you'd find a credible anthropologist or historian who would say the Indian or Native American (Whichever) population was ever even a tenth of that number. I'm pretty sure the lower 48 were all admitted to the Union, the Wright brothers had flown, and all four U.S. transcontinental railroad routes were in full service before the White population hit 200 million.

Universal healthcare and vacations. What else is there?