1. #1 How to talk about Obama's work as a "community organizer" 
    Direct from DU Posting:

Since the Republicans insist on using the term as a slur against him, when talking to others, I would ask them what they think his work consisted of. If they don't include the items below, correct them and suggest that if they are misinformed, they consider the source of that misinformation --and that they have been lied to by folks that want their vote.

He worked serving Catholic charities to serve the needy in several parishes in Chicago (emphasize Catholic Church).

He helped establish job training for folks who had lost their jobs.

He helped people prepare for college.

He trained others to do the work he was doing.

All this was to help people help themselves out of poverty, help themselves avoid poverty and help themselves get an education. It was also work that the Catholic parishes in Chicago thought important enough to support --and it was work that Obama helped expand in the short three years he was involved with it.

(all this information is easily read in Wikipedia)

End of DU posting:

So you mean LIE:::: and then use an extremly bias site to back up your lie....

Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post
    Direct from DU Posting:

Since the Republicans insist on using the term as a slur against him, when talking to others, I would ask them what they think his work consisted of. If they don't include the items below, correct them and suggest that if they are misinformed, they consider the source of that misinformation --and that they have been lied to by folks that want their vote.

He worked serving Catholic charities to serve the needy in several parishes in Chicago (emphasize Catholic Church).

He helped establish job training for folks who had lost their jobs.

He helped people prepare for college.

He trained others to do the work he was doing.

All this was to help people help themselves out of poverty, help themselves avoid poverty and help themselves get an education. It was also work that the Catholic parishes in Chicago thought important enough to support --and it was work that Obama helped expand in the short three years he was involved with it.

(all this information is easily read in Wikipedia)

End of DU posting:

So you mean LIE:::: and then use an extremly bias site to back up your lie....
    To which I would ask, "How does those items compare with the responsibilities with being a Mayor and a Governor? Also what is the current state of that community? Did is organization skills have long term benefits for the community in question and if so please elaborate."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    To which I would ask, "How does those items compare with the responsibilities with being a Mayor and a Governor? Also what is the current state of that community? Did is organization skills have long term benefits for the community in question and if so please elaborate."
    You beat me to it! I was just about to ask that first question!

Link to the original post on DU?