Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Ahhhh, tolerance 
    A "Fearful" Rush is down from a self-inflicted wound & it is time NOW to kick him

kpete (32,813 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

You could hear the fear…

by Dennis G.

By Friday afternoon, Rush had already double down on his slander of Sandra Fluke and he was feeling the pressure of the blowback. Sponsors/advertisers—the real businesses and not the wingnut grifters—were pulling their ads. Republicans everywhere were under pressure to condemn Rush’s slander and their fear of Rush was beginning to be offset by fears of an angry electorate in November. Within 24 hours, Rush would be forced to issue a non-apology apology and look weak. It would not stop the storm of outrage, but even that lame-ass word string was a signal of weakness from the Leader of the Republican Party and the CONservative movement. When the commercials finally ended and the Master blowhard took to the mic, you could hear his fear.

It was in every phrase. Every word. He was pleading. Whinny. And full of self-pity. He verbally thrashed and sought a scapegoat. Naturally he decided that all of his actions were President Obama’s fault. Fear was in his voice as he tried to craft an alternate reality where President Obama’s support for women to be in control of their health care choices forced poor old Rushbo to call Sandra Fluke a slut and a whore.

Every bully goes too far one day. For Joe McCarthy it was the Army-McCarthy Hearings. For Bobby Knight it was choking a playing. Perhaps—if our Nation is lucky—this is the end of the line for Rush Limbaugh. He knows he stepped in it. You can hear the fear in his voice. There is no justification for his bullshit any longer and anybody who defends him is a coward, a fool or both.

I could hear the fear in his voice and I think we should all do what we can do to make that fear grow in the coming weeks.

MORE, plus ideas for all of us to help with:
    http://www.balloon-juice.com/2012/03...hear-the-fear/
    Remember, everyone: peaceful liberals only want tolerance and for everyone to have their voice heard.

Response to kpete (Original post)
    Sun Mar 4, 2012, 11:46 PM
    Marrah_G (16,858 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

1. He is a parasite on society

I wish he would disappear for good.
    edbermac (10,588 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

3. We don't have to kick him, Obama will take care of El Rushbo.

Just like he knocked off Breitbart; he's on a mission to pass the Clinton-Arkansas body count.
    Response to kpete (Original post)
    Mon Mar 5, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Jester Messiah (1,563 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

9. Pour on the pressure!

Make that fat bastard squeal!
    Feeeeeelllllll the tolerance and acceptance for differing viewpoints.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

Feeeeeelllllll the tolerance and acceptance for differing viewpoints.
    It was mere days ago that the DU were the worst people in the world for saying "Good riddance." to a dead man on a bulletin board that most people, as in 99.99% of people have no idea even exists. Rush called a real live woman a slut and said or implied she was a whore as well on his national program with millions of listeners.

We'll see how the free market reacts to Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It was mere days ago that the DU were the worst people in the world for saying "Good riddance." to a dead man on a bulletin board that most people, as in 99.99% of people have no idea even exists. Rush called a real live woman a slut and said or implied she was a whore as well on his national program with millions of listeners.

yes princess. and unlike you, those who actually LISTEN to rush will take the CONTEXT into account. you lefties hear words, to hell with the context.....

as for the 'mere days ago' comment, b/w has been around for years. please, try and keep up
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

No worries whoever dropped him will be replaced quickly twinkle toes.

Apparently she is screwing so much that she cannot afford $25.00 a month for BC. If she cannot afford less than a dollar a day to keep from getting pregnant, she cannot afford to screw so much. She needs to keep her legs closed as that form of BC is free!

She is a liar pure and simple, and even a practiced and pathological liar like you know it. Worse, she wants to make this political. I thought you homosexuals wanted the government out of your bedrooms? Apparently when it suits your political interests, you swap your heartfelt opinions.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

What did Rush say that was wrong? The woman was saying she couldn't afford contraception, which isn't exactly the most expensive stuff in the world. She was telling congress she wanted money so she can have sex. Where I come from, that's called prostitution.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    She was telling congress she wanted money so she can have sex. Where I come from, that's called marriage.

choosing a spring look princess? yet another institution you have to destroy to get yourself on 'more equal' footing
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I only pay for birth control that I'm going to use personally. If she expects everybody to pay for hers, then what does she think that everbody expects in return?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What did Rush say that was wrong? The woman was saying she couldn't afford contraception, which isn't exactly the most expensive stuff in the world. She was telling congress she wanted money so she can have sex. Where I come from, that's called prostitution.
    Usually, a nice dinner and a bottle of wine does the trick. She didn't have to go to Congress.

Nova, if you believe that all wives are prostitutes, then you really don't understand marriage, which certainly explains why you advocate redefining it out of existence. However, I will recommend that you not make that point around any married women, as some of them aren't as tolerant as we are.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I think what Rush said was inappropriate and rude, but he's free under the first amendment to say it. If sponsors don't like it, they are free to stop sponsoring his show.

As far as the argument about the insults to Breitbart and all-it's no wonder nothing ever gets accomplished in this country-we are all too busy justifying our bad behavior as responses to someone on the other side's behavior. So what if some dumbass insulted Breitbart? I'm a liberal and I didn't insult him. I'm not responsible for what the DUmbasses say. So what if Rush insulted Sandra Fluke-he doesn't speak for all conservatives.