Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Teenagers poured gasoline on boy walking home... 
    A 13-year-old boy who police say was doused with gasoline and lit on fire last week while walking home from school is recovering from first-degree burns to his face and head.

The boy was just two blocks from his home in Kansas City Tuesday when two teenagers began to follow him and then attacked him, his mother, Melissa Coon, said.

Police have described the suspects as black 16-year-olds, while the victim is white.

"We were told it's a hate crime," Coon told KTLA.

"They rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open," Coon told KMBC. "(One of them) poured the gasoline, then flicked the Bic, and said, 'This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy.'"

By lighting the gasoline, the second attacker "produced a large fireball burning the face and hair" of the boy, according to a Kansas City Police Department report obtained by KCTV.

"It was pretty bad stuff," Detective Stacey Taylor told the TV station, adding that police are concerned the boy may have suffered damage to his eyes and lungs.

Coon said her son put out the fire with his shirt and called 911 himself. He was rushed to the hospital and was treated for his injuries.

She believes the students also attend East High School with her son, and said he will not be returning to the school. She also told KMBC her traumatized family plans now plans to move.

"My 5-year-old came in and asked me, 'Mom, am I going to get set on fire today?'" Coon said. "I was in tears."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1oJWOGXHW
    Fucking animals. I'm glad to hear that their going to treat this as a hate crime.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

something just doesn't pass the smell-test... until there are arrests made (which i doubt) i call malebovinefecalmatter on this...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Fucking animals. I'm glad to hear that their going to treat this as a hate crime.

I hope they try them as adults for attempted murder, not just for the "hate crime".

Not to make light of the story but am I the only one to see the irony of 2 black kids assaulting a white kid named Coon?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    something just doesn't pass the smell-test... until there are arrests made (which i doubt) i call malebovinefecalmatter on this...
    Sadly, it's real. It happened in Kansas City. Here's the article from the local news there:
    Police: Teens set 13-year-old student on fire

http://www.14news.com/story/17048649...lipId=6 795814

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) - A 13-year-old East High School student suffered first-degree burns after two teens dumped gasoline on him and set him on fire.
    The boy was rushed to Children's Mercy Hospital after the flames ignited. His face and hair were burned, according to police.

The boy was walking home from East High when he was accosted by two other boys about 3 p.m. Tuesday.

He said he made it to his home on Quincy Avenue when one suspect physically barred him from entering. The second suspect grabbed a red gallon gasoline can and said, "This is what you get."

The second teen then used a light to ignite the gasoline, which "produced a large fireball burning the face and hair" of the victim, according to a Kansas City Police Department report.

The boy's 36-year-old father said he wants to prosecute the suspects.

The boy is white. The two suspects are black. Police are reportedly investigating whether this was a hate crime.

Kansas City Police Department Detective Stacey Taylor said detectives were concerned about damage to the boy's eyes and lungs. He said this was a particularly heinous crime.

"It was pretty bad stuff," he said.
    Police are asking for the public's help in locating the two suspects who are described as being around 16 years old. One was wearing a blue beanie, blue jacket and blue-green Nike Air Jordans with #23. The second suspect was wearing a black hoodie and black sunglasses with silver on the side.
    If you have any information, call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

East High is at 1924 Van Brunt Blvd.

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.
    At this point in the Tawana Brawley case, she was a household name and activists like Al Sharpton came out of the woodwork. Anyone want to bet that this will not garner 1/100th of the outrage?
    Last edited by Odysseus; 03-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sadly, it's real. It happened in Kansas City. Here's the article from the local news there:
    Police: Teens set 13-year-old student on fire

http://www.14news.com/story/17048649...lipId=6 795814

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) - A 13-year-old East High School student suffered first-degree burns after two teens dumped gasoline on him and set him on fire.
    The boy was rushed to Children's Mercy Hospital after the flames ignited. His face and hair were burned, according to police.

The boy was walking home from East High when he was accosted by two other boys about 3 p.m. Tuesday.

He said he made it to his home on Quincy Avenue when one suspect physically barred him from entering. The second suspect grabbed a red gallon gasoline can and said, "This is what you get."

The second teen then used a light to ignite the gasoline, which "produced a large fireball burning the face and hair" of the victim, according to a Kansas City Police Department report.

The boy's 36-year-old father said he wants to prosecute the suspects.

The boy is white. The two suspects are black. Police are reportedly investigating whether this was a hate crime.

Kansas City Police Department Detective Stacey Taylor said detectives were concerned about damage to the boy's eyes and lungs. He said this was a particularly heinous crime.

"It was pretty bad stuff," he said.
    Police are asking for the public's help in locating the two suspects who are described as being around 16 years old. One was wearing a blue beanie, blue jacket and blue-green Nike Air Jordans with #23. The second suspect was wearing a black hoodie and black sunglasses with silver on the side.
    If you have any information, call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

East High is at 1924 Van Brunt Blvd.

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.
    At this point in the Tawana Brawley case, she was a household name and activists like Al Sharpton came out of the woodwork. Anyone want to bet that this will not garner 1/100th of the outrage?
    i'm not questioning if the boy got burned, we know he did. i'm questioning the circumstances under which he got burned... the story doesn't ring true to me, for some reason...
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Not to make light of the story but am I the only one to see the irony of 2 black kids assaulting a white kid named Coon?

Well, now that you've pointed it out....

It may have been a factor in the attack. A misunderstanding when the kid's last name got called out (not excusing anything, just speculating about motive), or some other weird/stupid reason that the punks thought that the very name itself was somehow an insult to them. Violent teenagers rarely need much provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Well, now that you've pointed it out....

It may have been a factor in the attack. A misunderstanding when the kid's last name got called out (not excusing anything, just speculating about motive), or some other weird/stupid reason that the punks thought that the very name itself was somehow an insult to them. Violent teenagers rarely need much provocation.
    i doubt the name has anything to do with it. if they knew his name, they somehow knew him. which means he at least knew of them. the story makes this sound like a random attack with race being a factor...
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

2 things stand out in the story, one may give us the motive:
    Blue beanie, blue jacket, blue green sneakers...Crip. The other kid wasn't wearing any markings. This reeks of a gang initiation.

#2:
    Had the colors been reversed, not only would this be front page news in every newspaper in the country, it would most definitely be treated as a hate crime regardless of the motive. As for the Brawley case, to this day that detective has yet to receive an apology from Sharpton for his smear campaign considering the case ended up being proven a hoax.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

2 things stand out in the story, one may give us the motive:

Blue beanie, blue jacket, blue green sneakers...Crip. The other kid wasn't wearing any markings. This reeks of a gang initiation.
    Good point. That would provide the motive.

#2:

Had the colors been reversed, not only would this be front page news in every newspaper in the country, it would most definitely be treated as a hate crime regardless of the motive. As for the Brawley case, to this day that detective has yet to receive an apology from Sharpton for his smear campaign considering the case ended up being proven a hoax.
    Sharpton also didn't pay the judgement against him for defamation. Instead, his supporters took up a collection for him. He's a completely dishonest piece of human sewage, but apparently, he made the cut for MSNBC. I guess that for a network that kept Kieth Olbermann, Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews around, Sharpton was a better fit than Pat Buchanan.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!