Thread: Obama To Dems: No Money, No Help From Me

1. #1 Obama To Dems: No Money, No Help From Me 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    By JOHN BRESNAHAN | 3/5/12 4:52 AM EST
    President Barack Obama has a bleak message for House and Senate Democrats this year when it comes to campaign cash: Youíre on your own.

Democratic congressional leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, have privately sought as much as $30 million combined from Obama for America and the Democratic National Committee ó a replay of the financial help they received from Obama in 2008 and 2010.

But thatís not going to happen, top Obama aides Jim Messina and David Plouffe told Reid and Pelosi in back-to-back meetings on Capitol Hill on Thursday, according to sources familiar with the high-level talks. It was a stark admission from a presidential campaign once expected to rake in as much as $1 billion of just how closely it is watching its own bottom line.

Messina and Plouffe told the two Hill leaders that there would be no cash transfers to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee from OFA or the DNC, at least not before Election Day, the sources said.

Hill Democrats wonít be seeing much of Obama at their own fundraisers this year, either. Obama has offered to do one money event each for the DCCC and DSCC. OFA officials suggested Vice President Joe Biden do two fundraisers for each campaign committee. Obama will instead send out an email and fundraising letter solicitations for both committees.

Nor, for that matter, have Obama or Biden committed to do events for individual Democratic lawmakers. Thatís true even though 23 Democrat-held Senate seats are up for grabs in a competitive battle for control of that chamber. And no fundraisers have been scheduled yet for House and Senate Democrats with Cabinet officials, usually a staple of an election-year calendar for incumbent presidents looking to boost their partyís prospects.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1oP063tVZ

Obama is basically telling other Dems, F'off your getting nothing from me. This will be even more entertaining then even I could have dreamed.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

Obama is basically telling other Dems, F'off your getting nothing from me. This will be even more entertaining then even I could have dreamed.
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Sounds to me like he's finding out where his leaks are now, in an inconsequential matter, before it really matters.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Sounds to me like he's finding out where his leaks are now, in an inconsequential matter, before it really matters.
    Read it Nova. His contributions that he was banking on, are not pouring in. Its more like a trickle. His super Pac has raised less then 60K. Going up against Jugganautss on the right. He knows he's in trouble. And better yet, many of the Dems in Congress need his help, both with cash and campaigning. And he's telling them get lost. This is a double whammy for the left.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Read it Nova. His contributions that he was banking on, are not pouring in. Its more like a trickle. His super Pac has raised less then 60K. Going up against Jugganautss on the right. He knows he's in trouble. And better yet, many of the Dems in Congress need his help, both with cash and campaigning. And he's telling them get lost. This is a double whammy for the left.
    Just one selfish bastard. His whole party can fall to pieces, but he'll save his own ass. Even the Clintons would be out there campaigning for people in Oblahblah's place; you can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Sounds to me like he's looking at a cash problem now, before he starts tapping mayor daley's voter rolls for donations,,,
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

No honor among thieves. And with Zippy, its always about Comrade 0bama. And the first wookie of course. Win, lose or draw I doubt she will want to slow down on those luxury vacations any time soon.

Hmm.. 2 narcissists in a pod.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.