Thread: Official: Manning released

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    or the heat in AZ
    You are aware that the Cardinals play in a dome, right?
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I don't believe Elway would want a quarterback like Manning around. He seems very protective of his legacy here and Manning is a threat to that. Also, Elway could not make public denouncements or act better than Manning, a flaw he seems to practice now regarding Tebow.
    really? because by all accounts it's Elway that is trying to get Manning in Denver, they also have a really good relationship.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Dolphins are the most likely spot. He wants to stay in the AFC and he has a home in Miami. Though he's "open" to the NFC, Seahawks and Redskins are the most likely destination in that case.

However if he wants to win now, Arizona is his best bet, though they don't have a ton of cap room
    Actually, the Cards can opt out of the Kolb contract. The fact is we have a ton of cap room as a few of the dead wood players can be cut(Porter, Lenon, and other throw away former Steelers Whiz seems to covet so much).
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You are aware that the Cardinals play in a dome, right?
    thanks to you I am now
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

he's going to the fins for their offer. and decide by tomorrow

Report: Tim Tebow gone in Denver if Peyton Manning signs with Broncos

Despite last season's playoff run and intense national interest, the Denver Broncos don't plan to keep quarterback Tim Tebow if they can sign Peyton Manning, according to a published report.

The report from Pro Football Talk, which cited an unidentified "source with knowledge of the dynamics in Denver," said the team prefers to trade Tebow rather than release him.

According to another Sunday report, Manning is down to two teams—and the Broncos are one of them.
    AZ is the other

source

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ny-more-teams/

I'm not surprised, Manning wants to win, and win now, Arizona gives him the best chance now, Denver has the most long term potential as they have an established line and a good defense/running game, as well as cap room. He does go to Denver, expect Tebow to be traded to Jacksonville
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

change of plans. on his way to Tennessee. NFL.com. he must be wearing a size 44 hat

The local media here in AZ has lost their collective shit over the possibility that Manning will sign with the Cards. I'm already sick of hearing about him.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    change of plans. on his way to Tennessee. NFL.com. he must be wearing a size 44 hat
    Article.

Peyton would get a hero's welcome here should he settle here. I sort of doubt that he will, because I think that we probably can't afford him without running into some cap issues at the minimum, but I really don't know that for sure. Every time Indy has played here since Peyton went to Indy, there are lots and lots of hardcore Titans fans who show up at the game wearing horseshoes. The guy is practically a folk hero from his UT days, and even though there's 150 miles between here and Knoxville, there's still a whole lot of love there for any of the Manning family.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

10. #30 And then there were four? 
    And then there were four?

The Denver Post reports Peyton Manning has narrowed his list of free-agent destinationsto four teams and could make a decision as early as Wednesday. The Denver Broncos are reportedly one of Manning's top two choices. The Miami Dolphins and Tennessee Titans are rumored to be next on the list, in varying order. Manning could also pull a last-minute surprise and sign with the Arizona Cardinals.
    Other teams that were interested, like the San Francisco 49ers and Houston Texans, are not expected to be in the running. The possibility of a team emerging out of left field to sign the quarterback remains small, mainly because Manning's courtship has been largely conducted in the public eye.

I don't even follow football all that much and I called it back at the beginning. I still say Manning is going to the Broncos. Tebow won't be traded but taught the things he is lacking by manning.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.