Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1 Lottery winner still using Michigan Bridge card 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    430
    Lottery winner still using Michigan Bridge card
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...d/-/index.html

    How ****ed up is this? A lottery winner on food stamps.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,877
    "it's just hard, you know. I'm struggling," she said.

    Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,104
    welcome to the entitlement era...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,682
    More than likely a Democrat voter. I mean, she has 2 houses after winning $1 million yet she's struggling. You're right. Welcome to the entitlement era. And of course our resident libs won't see a problem with this. Of course, chances are she'll be broke by the end of the year anyway.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    She committed fraud by not reporting her winnings, and will have to pay the state back. She also could be prosecuted for a criminal offense, although that will likely result in fines and not prison time.

    If her fines amount to more than what's left of her winnnings, she will have to go to work to pay them off, since by committing welfare fraud she is not eligible for anymore benefits at the state level. I think that would be justice served.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She committed fraud by not reporting her winnings, and will have to pay the state back. She also could be prosecuted for a criminal offense, although that will likely result in fines and not prison time.

    If her fines amount to more than what's left of her winnnings, she will have to go to work to pay them off, since by committing welfare fraud she is not eligible for anymore benefits at the state level. I think that would be justice served.
    did she commit fraud? and did the State change the laws on lottery winnings after the guy won the $2 Million last year and was still collecting SNAP? If not, then within the law she didn't do anything "wrong" legally. Ethically...hell yeah, dumb entitled bitch shouldn't have it.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She committed fraud by not reporting her winnings, and will have to pay the state back. She also could be prosecuted for a criminal offense, although that will likely result in fines and not prison time.

    If her fines amount to more than what's left of her winnnings, she will have to go to work to pay them off, since by committing welfare fraud she is not eligible for anymore benefits at the state level. I think that would be justice served.
    Evidently she did report her income; she said taxes brought her 1 mil down to 500K +.

    She's just young and not very smart. And the kind of "not very smart" that she carries around will probably not be diminished by time.

    Handling large sums of money is not easy. Most people simply cannot do it, and virtually no 24 year old can do it. I am a little encouraged by the house she bought, but only a little. Maybe things will turn out alright for her. As for the Bridge Card? May as well let her keep it; she's going to be reapplying anyway.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post

    Handling large sums of money is not easy. Most people simply cannot do it, and virtually no 24 year old can do it. I am a little encouraged by the house she bought, but only a little. Maybe things will turn out alright for her. As for the Bridge Card? May as well let her keep it; she's going to be reapplying anyway.
    This is why the left wasn't everyone to live in poverty except for a select few because they know that if everyone was brought up to the level of the wealthy(which would be the best option in any utopia). But yeah, lottery winners are proof that some people are just too stupid to have money.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member enslaved1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kingman, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,226
    I've seen it pop up a couple of times in the past that by some state laws, multimillionaires can qualify for food stamps because their investment income isn't counted on the application. When this came up, I figured that the winnings weren't included as income. If so, we have two examples in one of poor laws running the welfare state and this wonderful entitlement mentality.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

    Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

    My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    did she commit fraud? and did the State change the laws on lottery winnings after the guy won the $2 Million last year and was still collecting SNAP? If not, then within the law she didn't do anything "wrong" legally. Ethically...hell yeah, dumb entitled bitch shouldn't have it.
    She didn't report her change in income. Cases are reviewed every six months for eligibility. It was her responsibility to report her winnings.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •