Thread: Fresh Vegetable Frittata
#1 Fresh Vegetable Frittata03-08-2012, 12:36 PM
This is a recipe that's good for the skin--full of Vitamin C. We usually do a version of this but in the skillet, a simple omelet full of veggies and cheese.
Whatever color you choose to put on your plate, bell peppers offer amazing skin benefits. Peppers contain high levels of vitamin C which is a crucial nutrient for collagen production. Vitamin C also helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, agents that attack a cell's DNA.
Make your skin happy with this fresh frittata that's loaded with ingredients your skin will love.
Fresh Vegetable Frittata
1 tsp oil, vegetable
1/2 cup broccoli, florets, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium pepper, green bell, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 medium tomato, seeded and sliced
4 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp milk, non-fat (skim)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper, black, ground
3 medium scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in garlic, pepper, onion, and mushrooms and continue to sauté until vegetables become tender. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to the baking dish.
4. Add tomatoes to the baking dish and spread the vegetables evenly throughout the dish.
5. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes, or until center is set.
8. Cut into 4 servings and top each with sliced scallions. Serve hot or cold.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|