Thread: m00 vs everyone who supports Romney

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 82
  1. #1 m00 vs everyone who supports Romney 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Seriously, I thought this was conservative underground, not RINO underground. WTH, SarasotaRepub?

    I leave for a little bit, and come back and see support for a guy who is basically Obama-light. Wait, actually I think Obama is Romney-light. It's like voting for Stalin because he's "not Hitler."

    But seriously, I don't understand how someone can remotely consider themselves a conservative and cast a vote for the guy.
     

  2. #2  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    4,835
    Easy. We hate obama more.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  3. #3  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Seriously, I thought this was conservative underground, not RINO underground. WTH, SarasotaRepub?

    I leave for a little bit, and come back and see support for a guy who is basically Obama-light. Wait, actually I think Obama is Romney-light. It's like voting for Stalin because he's "not Hitler."

    But seriously, I don't understand how someone can remotely consider themselves a conservative and cast a vote for the guy.
    there are only a couple that have fully committed to the guy, Kay and Mountian Man. Rest of us are either for Newt, Paul, Santorum or non-committed.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Easy. We hate obama more.
    That argument might hold some merit if we were in a general election (although personally, I don't see the point. Their policies would look nearly identical). But why in the world would you want a flip-flopping big government bailout artist, who preaches corporate cronyism and "targeted tax cuts" as your nominee?
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    I'm not sure at this point why you put this in the thunderdome, it could be viewed in an open forum and if things get nasty we could move it to the dome again. it is actually a well worn topic here and if you would search Mike128 posts I'm sure you'll find your answers.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
     

  6. #6  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    That argument might hold some merit if we were in a general election (although personally, I don't see the point. Their policies would look nearly identical). But why in the world would you want a flip-flopping big government bailout artist, who preaches corporate cronyism and "targeted tax cuts" as your nominee?
    Look at the race. Now not then. Its kinda settled it will be Mitt.

    Paul is only doing this as his last hora. He's not running for his congress seat. He's retiring after this year. In a way, this helps get Rand Paul a little face time and maybe help set him up for running in the future.

    Newt is a lost cause. He may be able to preform well in debates, but his baggage is too much, and at this point, the numbers are no longer there to have him win. One can't carry near 80% of the remaining delegates from this point on. And that is what he must do.

    Santorum is running out of juice too. Fact he's made it this far is amazing considering he's running on a shoe string budget, little to near no campaign committee. And he's in the same boat as Newt. Needing 77% of the remaining 1304 delegates that are still remaining. Those odds are not good.

    Mitt, he may not be a true conservative. But in the grand scheme of things, all he needs is 55.5% of those remaining delegates and he's got the party ticket. Being the betting man I am. I'm doubling down on Mitt.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm not sure at this point why you put this in the thunderdome, it could be viewed in an open forum and if things get nasty we could move it to the dome again. it is actually a well worn topic here and if you would search Mike128 posts I'm sure you'll find your answers.
    And if you keep it up you'll get the same treatment that DUmbass128 gets when he posts his obsessive hatred of Mitt Romney. Don't post the hate and you're clear.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm not sure at this point why you put this in the thunderdome, it could be viewed in an open forum and if things get nasty we could move it to the dome again.
    Sure. I just didn't want to crap all over the board.

    For example, if I made the claim that being a Romney supporter and self-identifying as a principled conservative are mutually exclusive I figured this would be a good location for a thread I was intending to take in that direction.

    it is actually a well worn topic here and if you would search Mike128 posts I'm sure you'll find your answers.
    Well, it occurred to me that this topic had come up. But I also felt like I didn't want to look up threads that might be stale and engage in thread necromancy.
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Sure. I just didn't want to crap all over the board.

    For example, if I made the claim that being a Romney supporter and self-identifying as a principled conservative are mutually exclusive I figured this would be a good location for a thread I was intending to take in that direction.



    Well, it occurred to me that this topic had come up. But I also felt like I didn't want to look up threads that might be stale and engage in thread necromancy.
    Don't worry, stick around and I'm sure DUmbass128 will show up posting more of his faux conservative outrage about Romney giving him acne or some other ravings.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
     

  10. #10  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    39,653
    Moo, if you look a bit more carefully at SR's sig line, it says "Go Newt" or something like that. I donated a few bucks to Santorum and get all the follow up messages begging for money. I admire both of them going on despite their slim budgets. I resent the way Romney is buying the primaries and the way he's trashing the other candidates.

    There doesn't seem to be any overwhelming support for Romney here, but if it's a choice between Obama and Romney or my dog Darlene, I'd vote for anyone but Obama. I think our dog would do better than the Annointed One, but I'm just prejudiced toward my faithful ole hound dog. Look at my sig line. She's the black dog with the white face. Our Bella would be a good assistant to Darlene. She's the dark grey dog that matches the grey background on our site.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •