Thread: m00 vs everyone who supports Romney

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Not particularly. Full disclosure: In a world where you have Gingrich on one end of the political spectrum and Paul on the other, I'm a centrist.

The destination is that in my lifetime, every candidate since Reagan has gotten progressively worse, in both parties. I think we're at a point where liberal and conservative doesn't even mean anything anymore in a general election. We have really really bad and really really really bad. Every election both parties add another "really" and argue about who is worse. I went back and watched the Reagan/Mondale debates recently, and good lord both those guys are head and shoulders above everyone that has ended up winning a nomination in recent memory.

Bush '41 was kinda meh
    Dole and Clinton were okay, but I wouldn't call either great or either terrible
    Gore was worse AND Bush '43 was worse
    Kerry? I thought we hit a low point but no.
    McCain? Okay, now you're killing me. Obama?

What's next? You can chart this on a graph. Every-time I think we can't do worse, we do worse. Republicans are probably an election behind on the "bad" scale. McCain was a Gore, and Romney is a Kerry. So we're in this cycle where the times are always abnormal, and we're always told to hold our nose. But if you compare to Romney to say Bill Clinton (who came out and supported the oil pipeline by the way), Clinton is more conservative and solidly a better leader and president than Romney would ever be. That's madness.
    Who is your choice?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Who is your choice?
    Gingrich or Paul. Maybe Santorum if Obama reminds me how terrible he is in the weeks leading to the general election, which he probably will. Because while I disagree with Santorum on pretty much everything, I can at least respect the fact he actually cares about the country.

Gingrich or Paul. Maybe Santorum if Obama reminds me how terrible he is in the weeks leading to the general election, which he probably will. Because while I disagree with Santorum on pretty much everything, I can at least respect the fact he actually cares about the country.
    unless something changes drastically before the election it will be santorum or Romney with Romney as the most likely. In the case of the most likely outcome will you be voting for Romney, Obama or stay home(Obama).
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

unless something changes drastically before the election it will be santorum or Romney with Romney as the most likely. In the case of the most likely outcome will you be voting for Romney, Obama or stay home(Obama).
    I have a fantasy where Gingrich and Paul run on a third party ticket. I'd vote for that. I'd heavily donate to that campaign.

But nobody is owed my vote. And I completely reject the notion that staying at home or voting 3rd party is a vote for the "more evil of two evils." Because see if went and posted to left-leaning board, and I claimed to be a Democrat but "I'm sitting this one out" I would be told that staying at home is a vote for Romney. It's not. It's a vote for neither.

I actually think this idea helps Republicans more than Democrats anyway. Obama did not fulfill a single major campaign promise. You can go back and look at his stump speech on youtube. He actually said "deficit spending is treason," and he really went after Bush on this. And what did he do? Spend more than Bush's 8 years in 3.5 years. He promised transparent government, and then told people to pass bills to know what was in them. He promised closing gitmo. He promised ending wars in the middle east. He promised civil liberties, and then went and passed the NDAA which gives the president authority to assassinate US citizens on US soil without any sort of trial or judicial involvement. I have liberal friends, and they aren't happy with Obama for all the above reasons. I point out how awful Obama is and they agree with me. 90% of what the OWS crowd is protesting against is Obama's corporate crony capitalism. But you know, of course the party will say "Hold your nose and vote for Obama! What, you want Romney to win?" It's bogus on the left, and it's bogus on the right.

This is how we got into this political death spiral.
    Last edited by m00; 03-09-2012 at 03:24 AM.

I have a fantasy where Gingrich and Paul run on a third party ticket. I'd vote for that. I'd heavily donate to that campaign.

But nobody is owed my vote. And I completely reject the notion that staying at home or voting 3rd party is a vote for the "more evil of two evils." Because see if went and posted left-leaning board, and I claimed to be a Democrat but "I'm sitting this one out" I would be told that staying at home is a vote for Romney. It's not. It's a vote for neither.

I actually think this idea helps Republicans more than Democrats anyway. Obama did not fulfill a single major campaign promise. You can go back and look at his stump speech on youtube. He actually said "deficit spending is treason," and he really went after Bush on this. And what did he do? Spend more than Bush in 3.5 years. He promised transparent government, and then told people to pass bills to know what was in them. He promised closing gitmo. He promised ending wars in the middle east. He promised civil liberties, and then went and passed the NDAA which gives the president authority to assassinate US citizens on US soil without any sort of trial or judicial involvement. I have liberal friends, and they aren't happy with Obama for all the above reasons. I point out how awful Obama is and they agree with me. 90% of what the OWS crowd is protesting against is Obama's corporate crony capitalism. But you know, of course the party will say "Hold your nose and vote for Obama! What, you want Romney to win?" It's bogus on the left, and it's bogus on the right.

This is how we got into this political death spiral.
    I'm really not interested in fantasies.

I'm really not interested in fantasies.
    Then ignore the first 3 sentences of my post and read the other 21. Heck, read past the first four words.
    Last edited by m00; 03-09-2012 at 03:40 AM.

I voted for and contributed to Santorum. Before that I was for Cain. Before that it was Bachmann. But the GOP stacked the deck for the Massachusetts Romulan rino from the git-go. Thats our GOP "leadership" for you.

The GOP doesnt realize our way of life, our constitutional republic really is in peril here. As it stands in the final analysis it will be anybody but 0bama for me and I think a majority of others here. And hopefully 0bama can take that useless idiot Boehner with him. And then McConnell. And make room for conservatives, not these gutless rinos.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

8. #28 Hey m00!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Welcome back bud!

I've said it before here, I personally think Obama is going to win a 2nd term and then God help this country.

The RePub field is weak and filled pretend Republicans or nuts. It's really a shame that with all the good
    people out there in this land we're stuck with these losers.

I'm sure most of the people on this board could do a better job running this country than the current POTUS. He's nothing more than an empty suit and in way over his widdle head. He isn't a leader, Christ this moron wants to be a "Mother May I" in foreign policy now.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not optimistic at all.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

Paul is only doing this as his last hora.
    I didn't even know Ron Paul was Jewish!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I didn't even know Ron Paul was Jewish!

Oh for the love of pete you dont have to be a spelling nazi every minute of everyday.