Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Liberals heads explode: Critics of Rush Limbaugh Ignore Bill Maher, Matt Taibbi Misog 
    link

As usual they have lots of BS about why liberals can call conservatives c*nts, b*tches, tw*ts, but it's OUTRAGEOUS when Rush does it. (That doesn't mean I agree when Rush does it, but the double standard liberals have about this is nothing but first rate.) They tie themselves up in knots justifying the grotesque things that have been said about conservative women, but essentially it all comes down to ..........they deserve it.
    zoechen (41 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Critics of Rush Limbaugh Ignore Bill Maher, Matt Taibbi Misogyny

Last edited Fri Mar 9, 2012, 11:15 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    Kirsten Powers doubles down on Liberal misogny.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...st+Articles%29

The truth hurts.

Members of the professional left reacted with outrage to my column this week calling them out for their fake war against media misogyny. Instead of addressing the encyclopedia of left-wing misogyny I raised, many liberals chose instead to start a ferocious battle with all manner of straw men.

“It’s not true that liberals never call out people for misogyny!” is the refrain. Of course it’s not true, and I never said it was. Many of the professional left seem incapable of distinguishing between a few blog posts and comments condemning left-wing misogyny and a full-scale war to remove someone from their job. This really shouldn’t be so hard to grasp: If you hate misogyny and sexism in the media, then react to the consistent and repeated misogyny of men on the left with the same fervor that you have reacted to Rush Limbaugh’s sickening outbursts

More at the link

Star Member tabbycat31 (4,115 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    2. here's the difference

View profile
    Sandra Fluke is not a public figure.

And while Sarah may claim that Bristol is not, being a contestant on Dancing With the Stars pushed her into that territory.
    They were calling her and Trig names long before she was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars.

According to this justification anyone should be able to call Michelle Obama a tw*t and c*nt freely since she is a public figure. She's not just married to the President, she makes public appearances and tries to tell everyone what they should eat among other things. Public figure. Go figure. That means we get a free pass to demean her.
    Star Member tularetom (15,576 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    6. Oh shit, more "both sides are equally guilty" bullshit

View profile
    WTF is a Kirsten Powers anyway?
    Star Member Lint Head (7,995 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    13. The difference: Limbaugh is not a comedian. He is the mouthpiece of the Republican party

View profile
    and Bill Mahr makes jokes about people and situations. That is what comedians do.

When this subject comes up it is always fascinating how right wing nuts can't find one sentence said by a liberal commentator they can put quotes around. Limbaugh has many insulting things that are in black and white with quotes.

I challenge any wing nutter to come up with a liberal quote from a political pundit that even resembles the "S" and "P" words that Limbaugh used. I also challenge any wing nut to come up with an example of a liberal that spent three days insulting and berating a single individual and demanding a video of them having sex.
    One of the 99 (127 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    17. Kristen Powers has sold her soul

View profile
    for a paycheck from FAUX News and the NY Post. If this is an issue that has concerned her, why is it only now that she is saying something about it. The best refutation of her accusations was made by David Frum: http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/05/opinio...ess/index.html

And let me just say this, I've never cared for Matt Taibbi. He's nasty and many times fact challenged: http://prospect.org/article/errors-matt-taibbi

As far as Maher, many of his sexist comments disturb me as well as his racist comments. He called the President 'chocolate jesus' for most of 2008 and makes many subtle racist comments like he did to Neil DeGrasse Tyson on last week's show.

But also remember, Sarah Palin and Michelle Malkin are not innocent victims in this either. They have made many outrageous comments over the years. In contrast to Ms. Fluke who in her appearance before congress stated her case with respect and class.
    1ProudAtheist (128 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    20. For The Intellectually Challenged Here

View profile

Last edited Fri Mar 9, 2012, 11:52 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    please allow me to explain something to you.......slowly, and in plain english so that even you can understand. The things that Bill Maher said about Laura Ingram and The Alaskan Dingbat, were "person specific", directed at only a single person, and intended as his opinions of persons with whom he disagrees. What the pig-faced pill-popper said, was directed at the 99% of all women (the other 1% are just lying) who use birth control. Calling women sl*ts just because they have sex, and use birth control, is in no way the same thing as calling someone a c**t because she spews a message of racism, bigtry, and hate, on open airwaves. (translation: she doesn't believe what we believe and she challenges our beliefs)

For those who think that these are the same thing, I feel sorry for you. You are misguided, misinformed, and misled. One other thing, the second grade mentality that what one person does or says gives another person an excuse to do something, is just a typical right-wing tactic, used when all other rationale has been exhausted. Anyone that stoops to such lame rhetoric, does not deserve to be members of a community such as this, a community that was founded as an outlet for those opposing such childish actions and behaviors.
    Last edited by Carol; 03-09-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Lets get this right ...

If Liberal/ Progressive / Moonbat says something offensive, its okay with The Moonbats.

If anyone else says something offensive, The Moonbats will destroy them.

And they wonder why we call them hypocrits.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Bill Maher = Rush Limbaugh.

They're both anti-woman trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

In the eyes of the Moonbats, no Democrat/ Liberal/ Progressive/ fellow Moonbat can do anything wrong.

Everyone else ...
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I've seen Taibbi on Scrotum-face's FBN program, ah, excuse me, "The Don Imus Show." In addition to being a generally-crazy CT nutcase, he looks like the guy you would cast as a murderous stalker for a movie. He gives me the creeps.

As Rush pointed out on his show the new ABC show called "GCB" stands for "Good Christian Bit*hes". Where is the outrage?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

what a crock of shit, Bill Maher regularly debasses women he doesn't agree with poltically. Rush makes fun of them, but never debasses them.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

spoken like a true media matters regurgitate... good girl, here's your cookie
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post
    As Rush pointed out on his show the new ABC show called "GCB" stands for "Good Christian Bit*hes". Where is the outrage?

It's a funny show.

The show doesn't make fun of devout Christians. It makes fun of the shallow fakers, who consider breast implants for their teenaged daughters to be a more important expense than helping the poor. If anything, it is mocking people like the Crouches, the Osteens and other purveyors of the message that "Jesus saves you then makes you rich".

Besides, Annie Potts is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's a funny show.

The show doesn't make fun of devout Christians. It makes fun of the shallow fakers, who consider breast implants for their teenaged daughters to be a more important expense than helping the poor. If anything, it is mocking people like the Crouches, the Osteens and other purveyors of the message that "Jesus saves you then makes you rich".
    Besides, Annie Potts is hilarious.
    I suppose you know oodles of Christians like that?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand