Thread: Balance Budget in 5 Years-- Eliminate Education, Energy, Housing, Commerce Depts.

1. #1 Balance Budget in 5 Years-- Eliminate Education, Energy, Housing, Commerce Depts. 

Conservatives Introduce Plan to Balance Budget in 5 Years--Eliminate Education, Energy, Housing, Commerce Depts.

(CNSNews.com) – Senators Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Mike Lee (R.-Utah) and Jim DeMint (R.-S.C.) introduced a budget plan on Thursday that would balance the budget in five years and pay down $2 trillion of the national debt in 10 years.

The plan includes spending cuts, entitlement reforms and tax reforms.

Paul said that the “Platform to Revitalize America” is the only plan consistent with the balanced budget amendment Republican advanced in the U.S. Senate because that amendment requires that Congress balance the budget in five years.

The plan eliminates the Department of Commerce, the Department of Education, Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Energy.

“By eliminating departments we don’t have to make as significant of cuts in other areas,” Paul said.

“So entitlement reform could be more gradual because we eliminate some departments that we think should be done by the states and the localities,” he continued.

Other comprehensive steps to scale back the size of the federal government include selling off excess federal properties and land and defunding duplicative agencies.

On the regulatory side, the plan eliminates the president’s health care law and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.

On the energy side, besides eliminating the Department of Energy, the plan proposes to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for oil and gas exploration and permits the Keystone XL Pipeline project.

Tax reform includes a 17 percent flat tax for individuals and corporations.

“We think if the country would pass a flat tax like this that would eliminate a lot of the loopholes and special interest that lowers the rate for everybody, we think you’d see an economic boom in this country like you’ve never seen before,” Paul said.

Through the Congressional Health Care for Seniors Act, Medicare reform will allow seniors to receive the Congressional Health Care plan. >>>

DeMint said: “I think it’s a pretty bogus claim that government spending is keeping our economy up. If that were true, our economy would be better than it’s ever been before. >>>

“We cannot continue this charade that government spending is actually making our economy work because I don’t know how you could look at any indicator and prove that,” Demint said.

MORE

------------------------------------

Real conservatives (not GOP rinos) with real solutions. Not running to the tall grass or cowering for fear of negative liberal media coverage and approval.

Go, go, go!!!
    Last edited by Janice; 03-09-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Just chaps my ass when I discover myself overlooking the obvious.

Department of Housing and Urban Development. I had forgotten there even was a DHUD. I looked up their mission statement:
    The Department of Housing and Urban Development is the principal Federal agency responsible for programs concerned with the Nation's housing needs, fair housing opportunities, and improvement and development of the Nation's communities.
    *Fail*

Is there anyone in the entire US who can possibly believe that D-HUD is anything other than a collection point for future federal retirees?

42 billion. That's their budget. They waste 42 billion (an increase of 900 million over 2010) doing whatever it is they do.

Yeah. Dump them and the others listed, too.

I'm writing my Senators and Congressman.

My partial list of favs:

Repeal 0bamacare,

Eliminate the IRS, (go to fair tax)
    the Department of Energy,
    the Department of Education,
    Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs,
    Bureau of Human Resources,
    Housing and Urban Development (HUD),
    Department of Health and Human Services,
    Election Assistance Commission (EAC),
    National Endowment for the Arts,
    NPR, PBS, Planned Parenthood funding,
    National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH),
    Department of Agriculture
    and the
    Office of Government Ethics (OGE)
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    My partial list of favs:

Repeal 0bamacare,

Eliminate the IRS, (go to fair tax)
    the Department of Energy,
    the Department of Education,
    Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs,
    Bureau of Human Resources,
    Housing and Urban Development (HUD),
    Department of Health and Human Services,
    Election Assistance Commission (EAC),
    National Endowment for the Arts,
    NPR, PBS, Planned Parenthood funding,
    National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH),
    Department of Agriculture
    and the
    Office of Government Ethics (OGE)
    You forgot all the ACORN viruses.
    OTOH, we first need a budget before we can balance one.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand