Hybrid View

1. #1 Bin Laden Viewed Death as Relief From Ill Health, Fighting Wives 
    Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 03:42 PM

By Tim Plaehn

Al-Qaida terrorist Osama bin Laden was terrorized himself — with poor health, dementia, resignation to his death, and his bevy of bickering wives, according to research from a Pakistani military officer reported in the British newspaper The Telegraph.

However, the Telegraph also cites critics who claim that the research details cover up the failure of Pakistani security to discover the terrorist leader living in the country.

Retired Pakistani army officer Shaukat Qadir spent $5,000 of his own money to investigate the events leading up to bin Laden’s death at the hands of U.S. Navy SEALs at his compound in Abbottabad. Brigadier Qadir visited the compound before it was destroyed, interviewed local officials, and read the transcripts from the interrogation of bin Laden's youngest wife.

Bin Laden was forcefully retired from the leadership of al-Qaida in 2003 and lived secluded, facing failing health, and mounting dementia, Qadir recounts. The terrorist leader was not involved in al-Qaida operations after his forced "retirement.”

One theory is that conflicts among the three wives living with bin Laden prompted one to betray the al-Qaida leader, leading to his death.

The arrival of a third wife after years of seclusion increased the conflicts within the compound. The first two wives were convinced the newcomer would betray bin Laden.

Qadir claims that bin Laden understood what was happening and accepted his fate.

Qadir believes the Pakistani security forces would have discovered bin Laden living in the country even if the third wife, Khariah Saber, had not betrayed him.

Critics of the research believe the claim that bin Laden was powerless while exiled to his compound eases Pakistani officials' embarrassment that he lived for years in a major city there. The brigadier's report casts the military’s lack of success in locating the terror mastermind in a better light, they say.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Bin...aign=Newsfront
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

This is interesting. I wonder if it's possible to start an "Obama killed bin Laden out of sympathy, to end the suffering" meme.

Power CUer
    This reinforces what my husband says: that the laws against polygamy aren't to protect women, they're to protect MEN.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I can understand the part about wanting to get away from the nagging.....

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    This is interesting. I wonder if it's possible to start an "Obama killed bin Laden out of sympathy, to end the suffering" meme.
    Wouldn't be the first time that he's done a favor for terrorists.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Bin Laden was a coward in the beginning and a coward in the end. He was afraid. Good. I wish he had had time to be afraid longer.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    The Obama Death Panel...them guys are good. Watch your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I can understand the part about wanting to get away from the nagging.....
    Poor Osammi. Entire free world wants to kill you. You can't leave the house. Go on vacation. Probably can't get a pizza delivered. Wives are just in your ear ALL DAY nagging about some kind of nonsense. At the end he probably welcomed sweet death.
    Be Not Afraid.

What's kind of funny is that Bush was right. So Bush always blew off his failure to kill Osama as "Well, Osama has been marginalized it's not a priority mission." And it was true, even if it wasn't very good for PR (Personally have to side side with Bush here and would prefer resources being spent on active terrorists, rather than retired terrorists).

So, what I have to wonder is what missions did we ignore to go after Osama and get the big press event?