Thread: One of the reasons I am not a Republican anymore

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Guns and gold, the "official" currency of the rare yet frenzied constitutionalist, federalist conservative.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    The Govt. needs to get the F*ck out of the private sector - the bailouts and the pressuring of companies to take on risky debt is what led to this crap.
    They also need to stop spending 1/3rd of the GNP for government and they also need to stop spending more money than they take in.

We are all dumb (myself included) because we continue to elect officials that do dumb things.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    We are all dumb (myself included) because we continue to elect officials that do dumb things.
    I think sometimes we get so focused on whether they have an R or D by their names, that we lose sight of everthing else.

Which is why Palin is such a good choice. The fact that people are excited about her based around her record of reform and cutting spending - will hopefully send a message to the rest of the idiots in DC. If it doesn't we push like mad for term limits.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    The fact that people are excited about her based around her record of reform and cutting spending - will hopefully send a message to the rest of the idiots in DC.
    Refusing the 'Bridge to Nowhere' and taking federal funds anyway? That kind of reform?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    There are no alternatives. I think we are past the point where things can be fixed through the elective process. I think we need a revolution to restore the Constitution and the Republic. Since that ain't going to happen because most people are cowards like me that won't do anything then we are pretty well screwed.

Voting for some big government clown like McCain over Obama is no more going to fix the problem than the Man in the Moon. It will make you feel good because you think you are voting for a Conservative government but nothing will really change. The size of government will continue to grow and so will the deficit. Our country will continue to spend much more money than we earn. We will borrow money from the Saudis and the Chinese to pay for our spending addiction.

Listen to what Walker has to say. The man knows what he is talking about. Everybody will ignore him because they don't want to think about what he is saying.

What happened with the lending market failure today is only the tip of the bankruptcy iceberg.
    I am more hopeful than that. I don't look to government to do for me what I can do for myself. That may be a minority opinion in America today, but so what?

Being in the minority does not preclude being right. Sometimes a minority of people who are motivated and who willing to act on principle can accomplish great things.

I want smaller government because I don't trust a big government. McCain was not my first choice. Fred Thompson was. By the time I voted in Georgia, Fred was out of it. Gone.

I really do think that there is a difference between McCain and Obama. It may not be as big a difference as you would find acceptable, and I respect that, but I can't help but see this election as if it were a difference in field position instead of in who scores a touchdown. If in this election I can keep them out of the end zone, I feel like that is, in itself, significant. We have to hold them back. We may not win, but we can't afford to lose.

Not a victory, but resistance. An anvil will absorb many blows. And an anvil will wear out how many hammers? Who knows?

Look. I may be completely full of shit. And if so, so be it. But I hope for better days. I may not ever see them. I may not cause them to come to be, but I will strive toward them. If I fail, so be it.

But if there is anything i can do to keep Obama out of the White House, I wil do it. If I have to play defense instead of offense, i will.

I really do think it matters. And I will behave like it really does.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Refusing the 'Bridge to Nowhere' and taking federal funds anyway? That kind of reform?
    proof? Got any?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

That was my hope at one time but I do have a few more years left and every year the debt grows larger.

I actually have no rage. I have lived through the best times this country had. It is just sad to see what is ahead of us.

You can go out and kill your coyotes and then come home and have your drink. Life will be good for you. No worries.
    I think it will too.

I'll bow out and leave you to your whine-fest.

Voting for some big government clown like McCain over Obama is no more going to fix the problem than the Man in the Moon. It will make you feel good because you think you are voting for a Conservative government but nothing will really change. The size of government will continue to grow and so will the deficit. Our country will continue to spend much more money than we earn. We will borrow money from the Saudis and the Chinese to pay for our spending addiction.
    Pretty much why I am no longer a Republican either. If the founders of our country saw where we were today and where we were headed, they would probably think they were watching a farce. It's supposed to be the Democrats that vote Democrat just because they're Democrats - it's a sad, sad state of affairs that we too have started to love a political party more than our country.

My fondest hope is that America's problems will be solved by our electoral process, but the way things are going, it doesn't look good. I guess our best hope is for the Republican party to finally do something so out of line with conservative principles that the voters start leaving the party like rats out of a burning building, no second chances this time. But the last 8 years haven't given me a whole lot of hope for that happening either.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

There are no alternatives. I think we are past the point where things can be fixed through the elective process. I think we need a revolution to restore the Constitution and the Republic. Since that ain't going to happen because most people are cowards like me that won't do anything then we are pretty well screwed.
    It's just as well. It didn't work out so well in the long run last time.