Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    gator
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Bit dramatic don't you think? Besides, it won't happen.
    Maybe. I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post

We squandered the last 40 years when we could have turned it around.
    Amen, Sir. '64 provided the chance to vote for the greatest U.S. politician probably in the entire 20th century....and we threw it away on LBJ. Barry's my icon...the REAL Barry. AuH20
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Gator's been such a ray o sunshine lately!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Ron Paul appeared on Fox Business last night, and spoke about the economic crisis. I realize he's not too popular around here, though his economic credentials can't be denied. If you believe half of what he's saying, you'll understand the reasons why gator isn't being a magnificent ray of sunshine at the moment.

Link

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73KlhUq1W8
    Last edited by IanMartins; 09-18-2008 at 01:43 PM.

When i can get around to it I will re register as a Libertarian or Constitutionalist !
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by NonConformist View Post
    When i can get around to it I will re register as a Libertarian or Constitutionalist !
    And that's really what it's all about.

There has to come a point where the gulf between what you believe and what your current political party does becomes so great that it can only be called 'mutual exclusion.' Your core political beliefs probably include smaller government, cutting spending and national sovereignty. Are we going to get any of this from McCain or Obama? No. The reason the Republocrats have resorted to character assassination and dredging up the candidates' pasts are because neither one of them has an actual political platform to attack.

I'll admit, it feels futile changing your registration to Libertarian or Constitution party. But keep in mind, a third party gets more viable with every voter that jumps ship. As of right now, there are 72 million registered Democrats, 55 million Republicans and 42 million Independents. If our Congressmen and presidential candidates keep playing like good little Centrists with deep pockets, who knows what could happen in 4-8 years?
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I decided to dump the Republican party last fall because at the end of the day they are only marginally better than the Democrats. Neither party has a clue. Both are big government parties.

The finiacial crisis today has me thinking about debt again and how it is going to eat our lunch.

Our foreign entanglements and our entitlement mindset is causing us to spend a lot more money than we have. The problem is in both the govenment and private sector.

I remember seeing David Walker on the Glen Beck show last year. Walker was the chief accountant for the US and he says we are in bad shape. I think we are in worse shape now than when this was first aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCmQ...eature=related

We are pretty much screwed and there is not much any politician running for office will do about it. We are past the point where politicans can fix what they broke.

You can dismiss him as an alarmist kook if yoiu want but remember he was the head accountant for the government. He quit his job because nobody wanted to hear the bad news never mind do anything about it.

Enjoy.
    Well, I hope you'll still vote McCain or else you might as well vote Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    And that's really what it's all about.

There has to come a point where the gulf between what you believe and what your current political party does becomes so great that it can only be called 'mutual exclusion.' Your core political beliefs probably include smaller government, cutting spending and national sovereignty. Are we going to get any of this from McCain or Obama? No. The reason the Republocrats have resorted to character assassination and dredging up the candidates' pasts are because neither one of them has an actual political platform to attack.

I'll admit, it feels futile changing your registration to Libertarian or Constitution party. But keep in mind, a third party gets more viable with every voter that jumps ship. As of right now, there are 72 million registered Democrats, 55 million Republicans and 42 million Independents. If our Congressmen and presidential candidates keep playing like good little Centrists with deep pockets, who knows what could happen in 4-8 years?
    Make that 42,000,001. Just sent in my new registration forms last week. My home state of Pa has some good Libertarians running for office this year, and Bill Russell is going to give jumpin Jack Murtha the ass-kicking of a lifetime.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Goldwater
    Ron Paul predicted the take over of Fannie and Freddie and the current economic crisis five years ago, whilst every other candidate who ran would have to spend years in college learning about economics to form an opinion about it that was actually theirs and not some advisor's.