Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can't find where any sitting President exceeded his approval rating in the percentage of votes. Usually, their approval number are greater than their voting percentage.

Example: Bill Clinton. Nov, 1996......Approval 58%; got 49.23% of the votes
    G W Bush. Nov, 2004.......Approval 55%; got 50.73 % of the votes

I think -and this is only my opinion - what happens is that an awful lot of people sit it out in spite of having an opinion. In 2004, I think an awful lot of people rose up to vote against John Kerry. I know I did.

The Real Clear Politics average approval number for Mar 10 for Obama is 48.6%.

Life is good. Today.
    Last edited by Starbuck; 03-11-2012 at 09:58 PM.

This thread is giving me hope. Theoretically, if Hussein floats in the mid 40% range, then November could be a slaughter with him getting in the low 40% range.

Nobody deserves a whipping like that more than him. I wonder if his overinflated ego can handle it?
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    This thread is giving me hope. Theoretically, if Hussein floats in the mid 40% range, then November could be a slaughter with him getting in the low 40% range.

Nobody deserves a whipping like that more than him. I wonder if his overinflated ego can handle it?
    I know this is a long shot but they might call us racists!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I know this is a long shot but they might call us racists!
    They called me racist in 2008, too.

Around here, a few of the obama supporters seem to have amnesia. They don't admit voting for him any more.

That's the way it looks at this point, and he is busy accumulating piles and piles of cash because he knows his only hope it to try to bury his opponent in negative ads.

Which brings up a very important point: Negative ads don't work very well against Romney. For some reason, the negative ads bounce off Romney and they stick to Santorum and Gingrich.

Read here:
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...ma_633119.html

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    That's the way it looks at this point, and he is busy accumulating piles and piles of cash because he knows his only hope it to try to bury his opponent in negative ads.

Which brings up a very important point: Negative ads don't work very well against Romney. For some reason, the negative ads bounce off Romney and they stick to Santorum and Gingrich.

Read here:
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...ma_633119.html
    I think that's because just about everything there is to say about the guy was said 4 yrs ago. I think somebody posted something about Romney somewhere on this board that was done by the McCain camp or someone in 2008. There wasn't much. It's as if squeaky clean obama is going up against squeaky clean Mitt.

Except that obama isn't squeaky clean. There's a lot of dirt on his back trail, if the GOP has the guts this time to dig for it.

It will crush him. He'll put on a mask and attempt to hide his disapointment, but it will kill him.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    It will crush him. He'll put on a mask and attempt to hide his disapointment, but it will kill him.
    I think you're right. I look for a melt down like Al Gore had, but maybe with different symptoms. Gore suffered weight gain, divorce. Tried to regain traction by becoming the environmental guru. Nothing worked for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Oh, God, then they'll name streets, parks and overpasses after him.

Oh, God, then they'll name streets, parks and overpasses after him.
    Or the First Lady, thunder thighs boulevard, Wookie bypass.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg