Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't even want to know what you mean by "Brightwhite people".
    It is a term I invented for caucasian people who others refer to as WASP or Anglo, as opposed to off-white or ecru.

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    For someone that has lived in Michigan and the Detroit area for as long as you have, I would think that you would at least know something about the area.

The party stores, c-stores and gas stations are not owned mostly owned by Arabs, they are mostly owned by Chaldeans.
    Chaldeans are Roman Catholic Christians from primarily the Iraq area that left because of religious persecution.

Educate yourself

Mike George is the primary reason many of the Detroit area stores are owned by Chaldeans today. He was born in Detroit and created a financing system to help other Chaldeans buy the stores.
    My father did business with Mike for many years and Mike has always been an American first and damned proud of it.

Do you know how I can tell the difference between an arab owned gas station and a chaldean owned one? The arab stations always charge the same price per gallon to use a debit card as to use a credit card. The chaldean stations always charge the cash rate for debit card purchases.

If I go in, a chaldean store usually has pictures of the saints up in the register area (behind the plexiglass).

There are plenty of stores and gas stations owned by arabs, too. It's not all chaldeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It is a term I invented for caucasian people who others refer to as WASP or Anglo, as opposed to off-white or ecru.
    You might want to point that out the first time that you use a term that you have made up that isn't immediately self-explanatory, so that us lowly semites and generic honkies can keep up with the voices in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Do you know how I can tell the difference between an arab owned gas station and a chaldean owned one? The arab stations always charge the same price per gallon to use a debit card as to use a credit card. The chaldean stations always charge the cash rate for debit card purchases.

If I go in, a chaldean store usually has pictures of the saints up in the register area (behind the plexiglass).

There are plenty of stores and gas stations owned by arabs, too. It's not all chaldeans.
    I think that you are using Arabs as a catchall term for Muslims. There are Christian Arabs (who, BTW, constitute the majority of American Arabs) and there are Muslims (the majority of whom, in the US, are not Arabs). Chaldeans are descendents of the Assyrians, and do not consider themselves Arabs, but most people confuse the two.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You might want to point that out the first time that you use a term that you have made up that isn't immediately self-explanatory, so that us lowly semites and generic honkies can keep up with the voices in your head.

I think that you are using Arabs as a catchall term for Muslims. There are Christian Arabs (who, BTW, constitute the majority of American Arabs) and there are Muslims (the majority of whom, in the US, are not Arabs). Chaldeans are descendents of the Assyrians, and do not consider themselves Arabs, but most people confuse the two.
    Around here, the vast majority of arabs are muslims. I know chaldeans are not arabs, but a lot of people around here (especially african americans) do not differentiate.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I think that you are using Arabs as a catchall term for Muslims.
    What language is the Koran in?

What language is the Koran in?
    Whatever language you bought it in.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Whatever language you bought it in.
    I was told that a Koran is only legitimate if it is in Arabic.

I was told that a Koran is only legitimate if it is in Arabic.
    Only a portion of Muslims read Arabic so it is printed in all languages, yes the preferred language is Arabic and at one time they said it was the duty of all Muslims to learn Arabic but very few did.

P.S. Muhammad was illiterate.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 03-15-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg