Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Christians who signed petitions investigated 
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So I guess this prosecutor is unfamiliar with the bill of rights?
    I suppose that if the countrys Attorney General can be ignorant of them ... hell, if the CIC can be ignorant or opposed to them, then so can local court morons. Hmm.. yes, even Justices oppose them now. I mean, its a little obvious to me. So.. whats left?

Ham and cheese?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Fabulous Poster
    So some churches are pissed that they can't undo the will of the people in electing a municipal government that was within its powers and authority to enact domestic partner benefits for workplace fairness.

So a councilman, who is apparently heterosexual, delivered a major bitchslap to some hypocritical POS priest who is doing exactly what Catholics always say that they won't do if elected, ie practicing popery and false allegiance to the US Constitution.

Just summarizing, carry on.
    While you were hanging yourself , on someone else's words
    Dying to believe in what you heard
    I was staring straight into the shining sun

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    So some churches are pissed that they can't undo the will of the people <snip>
    I'm not sure what article you are summarizing but it certainly wasn't the one linked in the OP.
    Be Not Afraid.

So some churches are pissed that they can't undo the will of the people in electing a municipal government that was within its powers and authority to enact domestic partner benefits for workplace fairness.

So a councilman, who is apparently heterosexual, delivered a major bitchslap to some hypocritical POS priest who is doing exactly what Catholics always say that they won't do if elected, ie practicing popery and false allegiance to the US Constitution.

really, princess?
    Several members of the city council refused to follow the will of the vote, and voted to rescind the ordinance approved by voters. The mayor joined in the effort.
    doesn't seem that way, now does it?

damn, more people who don't want your shit shoved down their throats, carry on...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Banned

No idiot...a city councilman with a Liberal agenda is appearently trying to intimidate residents of El Paso into silence.

Charge them with what? It's not criminal to petition the government for something, even if it is something that is unpopular.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Charge them with what? It's not criminal to petition the government for something, even if it is something that is unpopular.
    I'm not familiar with the law in this case, but both Florida and Texas were founded with some serious concern about the Catholic Church. Florida's legal barrier to school vouchers, for instance, is that the founders of Florida did not want a single penny of state money being funneled to a Catholic Church. So the law is clear on that, and the Baptists in our own time have worked diligently to find a workaround.

Fla. Const. art. 1, § 3: "There shall be no law respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting or penalizing the free exercise thereof. Religious freedom shall not justify practices inconsistent with public morals, peace or safety. No revenue of the state or any political subdivision or agency thereof shall ever be taken from the public treasury directly or indirectly in aid of any church, sect, or religious denomination or in aid of any sectarian institution."
    While you were hanging yourself , on someone else's words
    Dying to believe in what you heard
    I was staring straight into the shining sun

I'm not familiar with the law in this case, but both Florida and Texas were founded with some serious concern about the Catholic Church. Florida's legal barrier to school vouchers, for instance, is that the founders of Florida did not want a single penny of state money being funneled to a Catholic Church. So the law is clear on that, and the Baptists in our own time have worked diligently to find a workaround.

Fla. Const. art. 1, § 3: "There shall be no law respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting or penalizing the free exercise thereof. Religious freedom shall not justify practices inconsistent with public morals, peace or safety. No revenue of the state or any political subdivision or agency thereof shall ever be taken from the public treasury directly or indirectly in aid of any church, sect, or religious denomination or in aid of any sectarian institution."
    And what.......exactly.......does your remark have to do with this issue, which is:

1. The voters of this community rejected same-sex benefits for city workers

2. A rogue city councilman decided to launch legislation to override the will of the people.

3. Members of some churches circulated petitions supporting the will of the people which is their guaranteed constitutional right.

4. A public servant (prosecuter) decides to trump up some imaginary charges against the church members.

None of the above statements of fact have any correlation to your post.......are you on drugs??........ or just intentionally obtuse??

doc.
    Last edited by TVDOC; 03-12-2012 at 05:38 PM.