View Poll Results: What do you recommend?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Netherworld

1 20.00%
  • Universal Studios

4 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Never too early to plan Halloween 
    I need some advice this year. We want to go to a haunted house (a good one). We have it narrowed down to Netherworld in Atlanta (3 hour trip for us, 4 hour for friends) or Universal Studios in Orlando (4 hours for us, 3 for them). Anyone been to either or preferably both?

What do you think CU? I want scary, not cheesy. I'm even including a poll.

Netherworld..... http://fearworld.com/index.php

or

Universal Studios............. http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/index.html
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Do they let people over 30 in those things? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Do they let people over 30 in those things? :D
    They damn well better, or I'll really be pissed.;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Cool topic, dude! (Um, of course I would think so! :D)

Sadly, for as long as I have lived in Orlando, I have never been to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. But I know people who have gone and said it was very cool and very scary. On a side note--another local place I never visited, before it closed down--Orlando also had a downtown haunted house attraction, Terror on Church Street, that was also very scary...AND reportedly the site of actual hauntings, too.

I went on to the Netherworld site and it looks pretty cool, as well. I love local, well-done haunted house attractions. The cheesier, the better. Reminds me of Halloween when I was just a little ol' Darkscribe.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    My brother goes to Halloween Horror Nights every year and has always loved it. The commercials are always creepy. I've never been.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

We do local after-dark graveyard walks with a guide, also a drinking tour of local haunted hotels.

*sobs*

It's not the same, is it?

I'm actually leaning toward Netherworld. It's an hour closer and htese are the reviews from last year.

“It’s the most elaborate haunted house in America, and it makes Hollywood Creature-Features look like Bambi”

– The Travel Channel

Named the #1 Haunted House in the nation by Hauntworld Magazine

(An International Trade Magazine for Haunted Attractions)

Named the #2 Haunted House in the nation by AOL CityGuide

“Netherworld is the ultimate of ultimate haunted houses”

– Associated Content

“Netherworld taps into man’s primal fears”

– Creative Loafing

“Some of the scariest, spookiest and (most) original ghoulish monsters to ever creep the Halloween terrorscape”

– Fandango.com

“Not even the parking lot is safe”

– Where Atlanta

“Horrors only seen in your dreams”

– The Matrix, Macon State College

“Man Eating Monsters, Stomach Churning Make-Up, Mind-Blowing Scenery. No you aren’t on the set of the latest Hollywood slasher flick, you’re in Netherworld, and in this Horror Movie, the Victim is You!”

– The Travel Channel

“…Every step frightens”

– The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    “Netherworld is one of the most extreme haunted houses in America, when you go into Netherworld you are in another element, you are not in reality any longer”

– Larry Kirchner, Publisher - Hauntworld Magazine

“It’s definitely not for the weak-kneed – or the weak of heart”

– Where Atlanta

“Pants-wettin’ fun”

– Creative Loafing

“It doesn’t matter what you’re afraid of. Netherworld strikes a nerve”

– TUSKmag.com

“Anticipate a surprise at every turn”

– Points North

“Freaking awesome”

– Sci-Fi-Guys.com

“For more than a decade this creepshow compound in Atlanta, GA has been widely regarded as the most over the top haunted house on earth!”

– The Travel Channel

“A level of detail outshining anything you’ll see outside of Disney World”

– TUSKmag.com
    “The monsters have been known to reduce grown men to tears”

– Sunday Paper

“The premier haunted house in Georgia”

– Ledger-Enquirer.com

“Props so realistic you’ll think you stepped onto an actual crime scene”

– The Travel Channel

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Go to Netherworld then. I've never heard anything about it. It would be fun to hear your review.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I need some advice this year. We want to go to a haunted house (a good one). We have it narrowed down to Netherworld in Atlanta (3 hour trip for us, 4 hour for friends) or Universal Studios in Orlando (4 hours for us, 3 for them). Anyone been to either or preferably both?

What do you think CU? I want scary, not cheesy. I'm even including a poll.

Netherworld..... http://fearworld.com/index.php

or

Universal Studios............. http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/index.html
    I'll be going to Universal again this year, its a blast! We always stay on site at te Royal Pacific, our room keys are good for expres passes on rides but I would definitely buy the express passes for the HHN.
    Definate fun party atmospere and City Walk is right there!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

As someone going to school in Orlando, I went to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 4 times last year (That was the only way for me to hit all of the houses and shows there), and had a blast. I even posted a review of my experience there on the older version of the CU site. I am most definitely going this year, probably using the same strategy of going 4 nights (I have a frequent fear pass) to hit everything at my own pace.
    This year's event looks even better than last year's. I have been closely following the website and the web forum for it, it has a better, scarier Icon character than last year, and the Houses and Scarezones look great (I'm especially looking forward to going through the Scarezone called 'Path of the Wicked,' which is basically a dark, twisted version of the Wizard of Oz). I can't wait until opening night next Friday.
    So, in summation, you should go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights.