Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 A Message from Rick Santorum 
    Since I made a very small donation to his campaign, I now get the daily emails. Here's the latest:

Don’t let Mitt Romney’s campaign fool you into thinking this race is over because Mitt Romney needs this race to end tomorrow. The reality is simple: the Romney math doesn't add up and he will have a difficult time getting to a majority of the delegates.
    His campaign is also running out of money and voters are beginning to see Mitt Romney for what he is: a Massachusetts moderate who has flip-flopped on almost every major issue.

Before the 2012 race even started his surrogates were fighting to frontload the nominating calendar with states favorable to his campaign so they could quickly close out the opposition. Because the longer the race continues the more time his opponents have to highlight his real record as Governor.

Our campaign on the other hand has been gaining steam since our kickoff Iowa win and winning in states Team Romney thought they would win. Big Picture: Rick Santorum has now won in Iowa, Missouri, Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Kansas. In addition to the states where he's won, Rick has also picked up delegates in states from Vermont in the East to Washington in the West - important to note, because it proves support for his candidacy is nationwide.

The latest New York Times/CBS Poll reinforces our nationwide appeal, with new numbers out this morning showing Rick with a 34 to 30 lead over Mitt Romney, and Newt Gingrich trailing in the low teens.

And now the race for the nomination is moving towards primaries and caucuses that are more favorable terrain for Rick Santorum. With states such as North Carolina, Indiana, Texas, Kentucky, etc. having to still cast their votes.

To make sure our supporters see the race the way it really is, not the way the Romney spin machine would like you to see it, our team has drafted a memo explaining these very things. I hope you will take a moment to visit our website and read the memo. You‘ll see our campaign momentum is growing and the contest is moving onto more favorable ground.

With additional wins in the upcoming contests and the race coming down to Rick Santorum, a principled conservative and Mitt Romney, a flip-flopping moderate, we feel good about our chances and are confident in a Santorum path to victory!
    Mitt Romney's campaign knows this and is now relying on their DC lobbyists and deep-pocketed Super PACs to help them raise $25+ million more to help them fund the race through the convention. Money they didn’t expect to spend because our campaign has surged!
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I'll give Santorum credit. From the beginning, he's been operating on a shoestring budget and has wracked up a lot of wins. In no state has he had a machine pumping megabucks into the campaign. It's mostly been done on the ground with shoe leather.

He's got my backing, because I simply do not like or trust Romney and, although I think Newt would eat obama alive in a debate I don't think Newt can pull off a win in November.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Ive given to Bachmann and Santorum. Guess its all Santorum now. Would have given to Cain ... but he dropped off too soon. Guess the GOP basically gangs up with DNC (and a lot of help from the media) to knock off the best ones first.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

It has to be killing Romney for Santorum to win so many states on a bare bones budget. Rick has shot himself in the foot pretty many times, but he keeps right on going. Bill Moher probably inadvertently helped Santorum by attacking his kids----not nice to beat up on home schooled kids. Not nice, Billy boy.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Rick Perry was my second choice, when Bachmann folded her tents. I like him, have liked the way he's run Texas, other than the illegal alien tuition thing, and like most of his positions. But...he isn't and never was a debater.

I still think he'd make the best president of all those who have been in it.

Romney ... I could be wrong, but he simply doesn't ring true to me. He might be considered a conservative in New England. I think it was a shock to him when he came out into America and discovered that conservative means a whole different thing out here than at home. He hasn't quite got his head wrapped around real conservatism yet.

Then, he goes to the South and proclaims himself a Southerner who "Likes grits and things." What are 'things?'

I expected to see him waving a battle flag and leading a chorus of Dixie. That appearance, in Mississippi, was that absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post

Romney ... I could be wrong, but he simply doesn't ring true to me. He might be considered a conservative in New England. I think it was a shock to him when he came out into America and discovered that conservative means a whole different thing out here than at home. He hasn't quite got his head wrapped around real conservatism yet.
    Nailed it square....

Keep in mind that all of Romney's record comes from legislation that was made at the state level.

Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    Nailed it square....

Keep in mind that all of Romney's record comes from legislation that was made at the state level.
    Yeah, and Beacon Hill is infested with extreme liberal democrats. That meant compromise. And that's something that worries me about him. Compromise to liberals isn't usually give and take or 50-50. We need somebody as POTUS who will do for us what King Barack Hussein is doing, and the whining that comes from the left would be music to my ears.

The only time they talk about bi-partisanship and compromise is when they're on the short end. Put them in charge and it's all forgotten. So, if we can take it back, let's forget them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    ... Compromise to liberals isn't usually give and take or 50-50. We need somebody as POTUS who will do for us what King Barack Hussein is doing, and the whining that comes from the left would be music to my ears.

The only time they talk about bi-partisanship and compromise is when they're on the short end. Put them in charge and it's all forgotten. So, if we can take it back, let's forget them.
    Amen to that!
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I am strongly behind Rick Santorum, as well. I hope Rick takes BOTH Mississippi and Alabama today. I really think Newt should get out at this point. He has only won two states, and he only has just over 100 delegates. He is also taking votes away from Santorum, who has already won 8 states and has more than twice the delegates as Newt.

If Newt ends up winning both Alabama and Mississippi, Flip Romney will surely get the nomination, and I certainly will not be voting at all on November 6th. If some of you still want to vote for Romney to stop Obumbler, that's your business. My conscience won't allow me to do that, even though I hope that Obumbler loses, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    If Newt ends up winning both Alabama and Mississippi, Flip Romney will surely get the nomination, and I certainly will not be voting at all on November 6th. If some of you still want to vote for Romney to stop Obumbler, that's your business. My conscience won't allow me to do that, even though I hope that Obumbler loses, regardless.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf