Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    That's what I'm expecting. Looks like Santorum takes both states, Gingrich 2nd and Romney 3rd. Paul was on the ballot too.

    They want Romney, and they're bound and determined to have Romney. I think Romney was promised the nomination back in 2008. No way to prove it, of course.
    I hope they are getting better advice than that. If they screw with the will of the base, they will ensure defeat until the GOP goes the way of the Do Nothings and Whigs.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

  2. #22  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    That's what I'm expecting. Looks like Santorum takes both states, Gingrich 2nd and Romney 3rd. Paul was on the ballot too.

    They want Romney, and they're bound and determined to have Romney. I think Romney was promised the nomination back in 2008. No way to prove it, of course.
    My theory;

    We know they want Romney.

    Santorum is gaining but hindered by Newt.

    Newt has said he's not getting out and will stay to the convention.

    I'm starting to think Newt and Romney may have a side deal worked out to keep in it to suck the air out of Santorum's bid.

    All Romney has to do is stay ahead of Santorum to the convention, and be awarded the ticket because he had more delegates.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member Chuck58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    My theory;

    We know they want Romney.

    Santorum is gaining but hindered by Newt.

    Newt has said he's not getting out and will stay to the convention.

    I'm starting to think Newt and Romney may have a side deal worked out to keep in it to suck the air out of Santorum's bid.

    All Romney has to do is stay ahead of Santorum to the convention, and be awarded the ticket because he had more delegates.
    You have that feeling too, huh? Either it's a side deal with Romney or the old mustache Pete's heading the GOP.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.
     

  4. #24  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'll say it right now.

    Get ready for a brokered convention.

    Santorum will still after tonights win need around 70% of all remaining delegates. Romney will need about 55%-60% now.

    We will likely see a brokered convention. Santorum is not their favorite. Romney is.
    If Gingrich bows out, which he should after losing the two southern states, couldn't he shift his delegates to Santorum (even if unofficially)? You'd think they could cut some sort of deal. From here on out, if Gingrich isn't in the race, Santorum should be able to ramp up that delegate count.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

     

  5. #25  
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    My theory;

    We know they want Romney.

    Santorum is gaining but hindered by Newt.

    Newt has said he's not getting out and will stay to the convention.

    I'm starting to think Newt and Romney may have a side deal worked out to keep in it to suck the air out of Santorum's bid.

    All Romney has to do is stay ahead of Santorum to the convention, and be awarded the ticket because he had more delegates.
    Why do I think you're right? If this is true, then we will have 4 more years of Obumbler, because REAL conservatives will stay home, and Romney will be percieved as Obama-lite.
     

  6. #26  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    If Gingrich bows out, which he should after losing the two southern states, couldn't he shift his delegates to Santorum (even if unofficially)? You'd think they could cut some sort of deal. From here on out, if Gingrich isn't in the race, Santorum should be able to ramp up that delegate count.
    Yes it is their choice to dole out the delegates they won if they bow out. If they choose to.

    But even if they combine, they still trail Romney by 100. Next few coming up. Missouri 52 which should all go to Santorum. So still need another 50 to catch up. Then Puerto Rico 23 which if like Guam, will all go to Romney. So -73. Then Illinois 69. IDK on this one. Louisiana 46 lets say Santorum here cuts it to lets even then. Then Wisconsin/DC/Maryland should be a split even. But this next one is major for Romney. New York/Rhode Island/Delaware/Pennsylvania. Total here is 231 and these are more up for Romney.

    Santorum is picking up state count, but Romney is picking up the big ones, and splitting enough of the medium ones to stay ahead.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yes it is their choice to dole out the delegates they won if they bow out. If they choose to.

    But even if they combine, they still trail Romney by 100. Next few coming up. Missouri 52 which should all go to Santorum. So still need another 50 to catch up. Then Puerto Rico 23 which if like Guam, will all go to Romney. So -73. Then Illinois 69. IDK on this one. Louisiana 46 lets say Santorum here cuts it to lets even then. Then Wisconsin/DC/Maryland should be a split even. But this next one is major for Romney. New York/Rhode Island/Delaware/Pennsylvania. Total here is 231 and these are more up for Romney.

    Santorum is picking up state count, but Romney is picking up the big ones, and splitting enough of the medium ones to stay ahead.
    I agree with your assessment except PA. I believe Santorum gets it and it is a heavy delegate count.

    I wish Romney would get the message that we don't want him. I believe that is why he can't close the deal.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

  8. #28  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Why do I think you're right? If this is true, then we will have 4 more years of Obumbler, because REAL conservatives will stay home, and Romney will be percieved as Obama-lite.
    I got a friend who on FB has been saying if Mitt gets it, and doesn't pick up a strong religious VP like Huckabee he and other Christian right voters will sit home.

    I disagree and pointed out, they may not like Mitt, but Obama's war on the Christian right and those of faith. Will be enough to force them out holding their noise and vote for Mitt regardless. That the thought of having to endure another 4 years of Obama's assault on them and their beliefs will be enough to convince them Mitts better then what we have, even thou he stinks.

    And know what, he agreed and said yea, he would likely vote for Mitt just to get rid of Obama too regardless. Thou he still would like to have a better candidate.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  9. #29  
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I got a friend who on FB has been saying if Mitt gets it, and doesn't pick up a strong religious VP like Huckabee he and other Christian right voters will sit home.
    I'm sorry, Apocalypse. But I agree with your friend. I can not possibly vote for a flip-flopper who made a passionate argument for abortion, when he was running against Ted Kennedy in Massachusetts, and then donated personal funds to Planned Parenthood, the LARGEST abortion provider in the entire NATION.

    You did get it right that Mike Huckabee would be the best VP pick for a flip-flopper like Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney. But what role would Huckabee have on the campaign trail, and in a "Romney" administration?? The point is that Mr. Flip would silence Huckabee, assuming he was the "pick", and he wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING on the social issues as VP. Therefore, it wouldn't really matter.

    Therefore, in conclusion, if Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney is the nominee, I can't vote on November 6th.
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    I'm sorry, Apocalypse. But I agree with your friend. I can not possibly vote for a flip-flopper who made a passionate argument for abortion, when he was running against Ted Kennedy in Massachusetts, and then donated personal funds to Planned Parenthood, the LARGEST abortion provider in the entire NATION.

    You did get it right that Mike Huckabee would be the best VP pick for a flip-flopper like Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney. But what role would Huckabee have on the campaign trail, and in a "Romney" administration?? The point is that Mr. Flip would silence Huckabee, assuming he was the "pick", and he wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING on the social issues as VP. Therefore, it wouldn't really matter.

    Therefore, in conclusion, if Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney is the nominee, I can't vote on November 6th.
    Let me know how that proud bird chest you're poking out feels when you have another four years of O Blah Blah.

    I really think you need to take every argument you have against Romney and calmly write them down in a column. Then, beside each of those points, write O Blah Blah's stated and actual position of the same. You may actually learn something before it is too late.

    Regrets are eternal Mike. If many people are like you and we get another four years of this turd, you WILL be directly responsible for his second term. I suggest you put aside your foolish pride and emotionalism, and use that soft gray matter inside your skull.

    There comes a time where to win a war, you yield ground. A winner thinks strategically with logic. Losers may win the battle, but they risk the entire war.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •