Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Funny, just opened my email and found this:

.... shot off $5 so can get my bumper sticker. I had already contributed and was going to wait, but the lure of a trinket extracted the big $5.
    Darn, missed that one.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    other people on the site use the image.
    And? Still doesn't change the fact that it's something an 11 year old would use.

And i guess you listen to that lady gaga crap,or Justin Bieber,or Ke$ha..
    Heh heh, you wish...the only way I listen to their so-called music is when it's parodied by Wierd Al. I'm more of a classic rock fan....KISS, Pink Floyd, Scorpions...that sort of thing.

If you think that guitarists are no talent,then let's see you try to do a sweep at 400 BPM with tremolo picking,or play the first measure of Buddy Holly's "That will be the day" a song so difficult even Paul McCartney couldn't transcribe it by ear.
    Not all guitarists are no talent, just the losers that hang out at that lame ass forum you linked.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    And? Still doesn't change the fact that it's something an 11 year old would use.

Heh heh, you wish...the only way I listen to their so-called music is when it's parodied by Wierd Al. I'm more of a classic rock fan....KISS, Pink Floyd, Scorpions...that sort of thing.

Not all guitarists are no talent, just the losers that hang out at that lame ass forum you linked.
    I'm on other guitar forums too,like one called metalguitarist,and such.

http://metalguitarist.org/

The Scorpions? Man,i like them too.

I'm on other guitar forums too,like one called metalguitarist,and such.

http://metalguitarist.org/

The Scorpions? Man,i like them too.
    Have you heard the "Moments of Glory" CD? I saw them perform it live with the San Jose Symphony Orcestra in San Francisco at the Cow Palace (Don't laugh, it's a real place).

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Have you heard the "Moments of Glory" CD? I saw them perform it live with the San Jose Symphony Orcestra in San Francisco at the Cow Palace (Don't laugh, it's a real place).

I have seen some of their stuff on Youtube. I remember the 80's ,early 90's when rock/heavy metal was all over radio,and television and had very little pop,rap music back in those days. Back in those days the only way to see nonstop rap back in 1990 was on BET.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Well, they actually brought it HOME to "meet" its siblings. Not to everyone's taste, but if it worked for them.... eh.
    This is something I just can't get past. I was in their shoes, I also had a stillborn baby. There was a small funeral with just family and a couple of very close friends. The thought of taking the dead body home for a while with me is just way too creepy and morbid and something I would have punched my husband out for if he'd even suggesting such a thing. I agree it was a good thing to let their other children be involved in seeing the body and understanding what had happened, but it would have been a bit more normal to have taken them in for a private family viewing at the funeral home.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    This comment by Rick shows his weakness which is he cant stop talking about social issues.
    This election needs to be about the economy. Nothing else matters.
    Exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    The goal is getting rid of the Maexist In Chief.
    Santorum's social opinions are insignificant.
    Yeah, but I am also looking past that goal at the day after we boot the Kenyan out of our house. Look beyond election day to when the new president is in the drivers seat. Who is going to be the best person, Rick or Mitt, to run this country like a business and get it back on track and profitable again. Rick is a good person and a godly man and all that. You might rather have him for a next door neighbor that Mitt. But nice and squeaky clean is not what we need right now. We need someone like Mitt who has the business focus and sense to turn things around without trying to save our souls and preach to us at the same time.

This is a job application and we've been interviewing the applicants for some time now. It's down to the top two applicants. You can't let a personal bias based on religion, age, family life, home state, looks, etc sway or cloud your judgement. You have to look at the job description, and then decide which of the two applicants has the best qualifications and experience to fill the job.

Here's a homework assignment. Given the situation this country is in write out on paper a job description and a help wanted ad you'd run if you were the USA HR director. Then honestly look at the resume of both men and decide who is most qualified and experienced to fill the job. I want a sharp businessman with turn around experience who can get us out of debt and back in the black. Mitt is the one I'd hire.
    Last edited by Kay; 03-17-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    it would have been a bit more normal to have taken them in for a private family viewing at the funeral home.
    Normal? Yes. Creepy? Maybe. Unheard of? No. This used to be the way it was handled and the funeral home if used was used after the family was done for final disposition of the body.

We need someone like Mitt who has the business focus and sense to turn things around without trying to save our souls and preach to us at the same time.
    This sounds a bit extreme and I believe Rick would see his personal religious views as unproductive. As for preaching, I believe most of this is pre-election media attacks and Rick needs a good team around him to counter this crap.
    This is a job application and we've been interviewing the applicants for some time now. It's down to the top two applicants. You can't let a personal bias based on religion, age, family life, home state, looks, etc sway or cloud your judgement.
    None of that clouds my judgement. I see Rick as more honest than Slick Romney. That alone is reason enough to support him over Romney who cannot stand on principle.

You have to look at the job description, and then decide which of the two applicants has the best qualifications and experience to fill the job.
    Or look at character traits that are a non starter, kind of like the way you are looking at Santorum.
    Here's a homework assignment. Given the situation this country is in write out on paper a job description and a help wanted ad you'd run if you were the USA HR director. Then honestly look at the resume of both men and decide who is most qualified and experienced to fill the job. I want a sharp businessman with turn around experience who can get us out of debt and back in the black. Mitt is the one I'd hire.
    OK, I finished. I looked at both resumes and concluded that Romney looks good but was only filling in the blanks with what HE thought I wanted to read. He also appeared to copy off of several other applicants on matters of true Conservatism. He apparently didnt grasp the concept well enough to "sell" me that he was the man for the job.
    Sure, he has the ability to get the job done while I am watching, but he doesn't seem to posess the character traits that give me the comfort that he will run the business the way the rule book (Constitution) demands.

I've concluded that I'm not sold on either of the two applicants, but I need to fire the present job holder for negligence and for running the business against the rules and against MY desires. So, I decided that since I'm firing the present employee for his lack of Character and failure to understand or obey the rules, that I'd rather have a person that can at least possess those qualities and hope that he has enough sense to appoint quality people to help turn the business around.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Good points good points all. I know I'm in the minority here for
    picking Mittens over Rick. I'm not avidly out campaigning for
    him and to be honest I'm not even following the campaign news
    as much these days as far as the primary goes. It's clearly down
    to either Mitt or Rick and I will be fully behind whichever ends
    up getting the nomination. But of the two I'll be voting for Mitt.