Thread: Obama Sinks to New Low in CBS News Poll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It all depends on who they are pitted against. If Colin Powell had been the nominee in 2000, I think he could have beat Gore more easily than Bush did, and I think black voters would have chosen him over Gore in large numbers.
    Doubtful.

There wasn't the loyalty to Gore that there was to Clinton, and even that loyalty was not extended to Hillary when it was her vs a black man in the 2008 primaries.
    She was running against a Black in her own party. She was the front runner and heir apparent, beaten by a nobody Black man who "had no discernible Black dialect and was clean."

Apparently the bar for qualifications as presidential material was completely suspended for this clean Black man who could speak like us Crackers. He beat the unbeatable, heir apparent female, and garnered all the Black votes (that weren't Uncle Toms).

Now had it been the general election instead of a DIM primary, she would have gotten the drones (Black vote), in nearly the same numbers.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It all depends on who they are pitted against. If Colin Powell had been the nominee in 2000, I think he could have beat Gore more easily than Bush did, and I think black voters would have chosen him over Gore in large numbers. There wasn't the loyalty to Gore that there was to Clinton, and even that loyalty was not extended to Hillary when it was her vs a black man in the 2008 primaries.
    That opens the door to another point:
    There was no loyalty to Clinton, or at least not much. He never got 50% of the vote - not either time - and Gore, after the election, confronted Clinton with pointed finger and blamed Clinton for Gore's loss.

If the poll considers 12% Blacks and they support BO monolithically by 85%+ then that skews the overall average by about 5%. So a 41% approval is only about 36% approval among non Blacks.

Now they didn't poll the dogs and cats and dead people, and they're the ones who always vote Dem.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.