Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Massachusetts Liberal, Flip-Flop Romney, Did NOT Even Make A Speech Tonight 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Congratulations to the Honorable Rick Santorum for winning both Mississippi & Alabama. But where was Flip Romney tonight?? Where was his speech??

Seems like he was a "sore loser". Oh well. I guess the "establishment" "moderate" candidate isn't THAT inevitable after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Congratulations to the Honorable Rick Santorum for winning both Mississippi & Alabama. But where was Flip Romney tonight?? Where was his speech??

Seems like he was a "sore loser". Oh well. I guess the "establishment" "moderate" candidate isn't THAT inevitable after all.
    You know, if a tool like you is this obsessed with Romney, he might be worth supporting after all. Congratulations, imbecile, I'm supporting Romney now. Thanks to you.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You know, if a tool like you is this obsessed with Romney, he might be worth supporting after all. Congratulations, imbecile, I'm supporting Romney now. Thanks to you.
    Ody he is a troll at best or a DU plant at worst but I hope is Mitt gets the nod he wins the elections and then we could watch Mikes head esplode.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Can we get one of the Mods to combine all of Mike's "I hate Romney"'s post together into one thread. Should reduce the forums by half.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Ody he is a troll at best or a DU plant at worst but I hope is Mitt gets the nod he wins the elections and then we could watch Mikes head esplode.
    Here's the thing. While Santorum has some obvious strengths, he also has some glaring weaknesses. For one thing, his last run for office was a loss in his home state. If he couldn't deliver Pennsylvania as a senator, what chance does he have as a presidential nominee? Also, while I agree with most of his positions, I don't recall that he had any major legislative accomplishments. Unlike Newt, who really did orchestrate the Republican house win in 1992 and then drafted the budgets that followed (which, BTW, were why they ran within revenues during Clinton's terms), Santorum wasn't a huge player. He chaired the welfare reform task force, but the heavy lifting for that originated in the house. He also supported Arlen Specter's aborted run for president and voted against allowing employers to hire replacement workers during strikes. He's socially conservative, but he's also got a pro-union streak and a blind spot for the worst RINO that the party ever produced. He's a good guy, but is that enough? Does he know the process well enough to manage the upcoming financial crises that Obama has precipitated? Can he stand up to the bureaucracy or will he go along on issues that aren't critical to him?

This is why Gingrich is my first choice among those remaining. But, Romney brings some critical strengths to the fight, and we need to look at them dispassionately. First, his experience at Bain Capital and with the Winter Olympics demonstrates that he can take failing enterprises and turn them around. Bain took failing (but viable) companies and, through a mixture of restructuring, cutting and infusions of capital, turned them around. He did the same thing with the Salt Lake City Olympics. He brings a critical skillset to the government, the ability to see what's wrong and fix it. My concern is that, because he is ideologically suspect, he will not make the kind of sweeping cuts that are needed, but will simply try to be too clever and tinker around the edges of the federal leviathan, which is exactly what we don't need. Our critical task now is to shape the environment by making Romney understand what his party and nation need him to do. Conservative leaders have to persuade him, reason with him and appeal to his rational businessman side.

BTW, Mikey128, that's what we call analysis. Ranting and raving won't accomplish anything. That's what DU is for. Now go away and don't come back until you've done some growing up.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Fixed.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Actually, the "We Won" speech was a little out of place. Santorum only won 31 out of 90 delegates yesterday. And Romney? There was nothing to concede:
    Santorum wins in Mississippi, Alabama, but Romney’s lead in delegates grows by 6
    Despite narrow primary wins in Alabama and Mississippi, Rick Santorum (Pa.) has fallen further behind in the delegate count to front-runner Mitt Romney, who won caucuses in Hawaii and American Samoa and captured about 30 percent of the vote in the two Southern states.

Because delegates are awarded proportionally in both Alabama and Mississippi, Romney won 23 delegates in those two states, compared to 31 for Santorum and 24 for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (Georgia), according to the most recent projections by the Associated Press. But Romney captured 14 more delegates than Santorum in Hawaii and American Samoa for a net gain of six delegates.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...SBS_story.html

Maybe Romney was leading by example and demonstration to that Marxist Narcissist In Chief that you don't have to sprint from microphone to microphone to drone on over nothing.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Ultra conservative idealogs would rather hand the re-election to Obama than elect the most conservative person who can actually win.
    Either Santorum or Gingrich will lose against the Rat-in-Chief.
    Personally, I do not like the character of either Gingrich or Santorum .... that's why I back Romney and he is our best chance.

BTW, very good move for Romney not to have a speech after these loses. Best to move on right now rather to languish in defeat and open yourself to an unatractive drilling by the press. Smart man.
    Go MItt!
    Last edited by wwworkingguy; 03-14-2012 at 11:28 AM.