Thread: Massachusetts Liberal, Flip-Flop Romney, Did NOT Even Make A Speech Tonight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Oh well. I guess the "establishment" "moderate" candidate isn't THAT inevitable after all.
    Yeah, he is. Analyze the race, do the math and see where it comes out.
    Be Not Afraid.

On Santorum's failed re-election bid, to be honest, he fell victim to the economic fallout when the media fell all over themselves running with the "blame Republicans" meme. Casey was an Obama dog washer but has since changed his tune. Don't know how that's going to sit with voters, however, PA is a pretty blue state so any Republican winning is tough.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Oh goody, mikeytodykey it at it again. Oh well, I'm waiting on pins and needles when mikey heads off to DU after the election claiming he converted us all to voting for a losing candidate.

So when asked about programs he would outright cut to help bring down the debt, first on Romneys list was Obamacare followed by defunding planned parenthood.

God help us if Santorum wins the nomination because unfortunately he is a one trick pony and will be portrayed as such because he always falls into that trap.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    So when asked about programs he would outright cut to help bring down the debt, [B]first on Romneys list was Obamacare followed by defunding planned parenthood.
    I kind of see planned parenthood as a non-serious pander. It's like every election cycle when the Republicans talk about cutting NPR. Should we cut them? Sure. But imagine you earn 50k a year and you spend 75k a year, so you are deeply in debt. This is like saying "Oh, I go to McDonalds once a month. I'll order the medium combo meal instead of the large. That will help get my spending under control!"

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I kind of see planned parenthood as a non-serious pander. It's like every election cycle when the Republicans talk about cutting NPR. Should we cut them? Sure. But imagine you earn 50k a year and you spend 75k a year, so you are deeply in debt. This is like saying "Oh, I go to McDonalds once a month. I'll order the medium combo meal instead of the large. That will help get my spending under control!"
    No m00, I was specifically directing my comment to mikeytodykey whose only requirement and litmus test is being pro life. It is the only thing that animates him as a "true conservative". Personally I think mikey is really mikemalloyfan from DU and liberal underground.

As for Romney, I believe he is a conservative. Nobody can point to his platform and say he is a liberal.

No m00, I was specifically directing my comment to mikeytodykey whose only requirement and litmus test is being pro life. It is the only thing that animates him as a "true conservative". Personally I think mikey is really mikemalloyfan from DU and liberal underground.
    I picked up on something like that too... I think you nailed it when you said "heads off to DU after the election claiming he converted us all to voting for a losing candidate." At least metaphorically speaking, if not that scenario exactly.

As for Romney, I believe he is a conservative. Nobody can point to his platform and say he is a liberal.
    Well, there is the platform he has now. But I'm so suspicious of the guy. And you know what it is, it's the same instinct that makes me suspicious of mike128. It's exactly that same gut feeling.

It's like they know the words, but don't know what they mean. Okay, example... when I hear Romney talking about the importance "Big Ideas" he totally stole that from Newt. He used Newt's exactly phrasing. Does he know what that means? He stole "drawing a stark contrast with Obama" as well, and then I heard him drop Palin's line about "corporate crony capitalism" and how it's bad (without really explaining why he thinks it's bad). And I remember thinking "dude, you worked at Bain. You supported the bailouts. Do you even know what that term means?"

So I feel like he studies the conservative lingo as an outsider, and then does some focus groups on what terms resonate the most with conservatives, and then he just randomly drops them into his speeches. And then when you have the media and the establishment pushing him as hard as they are, and the fact he's outspending everyone and barely winning... it raises so many red flags in my mind. It screams empty suit, actually for the same reason that Obama screamed empty suit to me. I personally don't even consider Obama a liberal at this point (if Democrats were liberals, they would completely disown him - and this is how I know the majority of Democrats are complete sheep). So, I think Obama is some word that we haven't invented yet. In my mind, Romney has a high chance of also being in that category. But we can get into that somewhere else.

......As for Romney, I believe he is a conservative. Nobody can point to his platform and say he is a liberal......
    I suppose he is; I don't know. But I did hear him say he would repeal Obamacare. So I don't care if he's a Martian.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I suppose he is; I don't know. But I did hear him say he would repeal Obamacare. So I don't care if he's a Martian.
    I wasn't sold on the guy. Someone clipped together his speech after Super Tuesday. Not biased wise, just edited out the clapping and such. I liked what the guy had to say. Good conservative ideas. If he holds to it, of course.
    Be Not Afraid.