Thread: College Football / NFL regional preferences. Why?

Hybrid View

1. #1 College Football / NFL regional preferences. Why? 
    We love our college football here in the South, but our Yankee friends prefer the NFL. Why? This was always a debate between us fine, college football loving Southerners and those perverted, NFL loving Yankees.

I think it's because the college teams are soooo much better down here. The only way the Yanks can root for the best players is to wait until they get drafted up north.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The same reason I don't follow Triple-A as much as I do MLB. :D;)

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The same reason I don't follow Triple-A as much as I do MLB. :D;)
    But AAA is not as good a product as MLB. College football is a better brand of football. More offenses- Fun and Gun, Triple Option, Spread Option, Smashmouth, Pro Style Offense. Whereas, NFL has 32 versions of the West Coast Offense.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    I only like (occasional) college football, I never watch NFL, and I'm a Yankee.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    But AAA is not as good a product as MLB. College football is a better brand of football. More offenses- Fun and Gun, Triple Option, Spread Option, Smashmouth, Pro Style Offense. Whereas, NFL has 32 versions of the West Coast Offense.
    I'm just breaking balls. I watch it all. If you told me I could only watch one for the rest of my life, then yes, I would pick the NFL.

Besides, don't they go nutz for high school ball down in Texas? You should ask them why too.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm just breaking balls. I watch it all. If you told me I could only watch one for the rest of my life, then yes, I would pick the NFL.

Besides, don't they go nutz for high school ball down in Texas? You should ask them why too.
    We love it here, too. I live an hour north of ESPN's Titletown USA.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Um, college football is immensely popular in the Midwest. Perhaps those in the Northeast aren't as into college as much as pro football, but I wouldn't use such a blanket statement that "our Yankee friends prefer NFL".