Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's just not the right thing to do.

2 things. #1, this looks like a bad representation of the Duke more than likely sold by some trinket seller. Which brings me to #2, this flag didn't hang over the RNC offices like the above narcissistic in chief's flag is over the DNC office.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fools names and fools faces are often seen in public places.

A bit more from the article:

Hurlbert said Tuesday's incident was the first time anyone had complained about the flag, which she received as a gift two months ago.

"It leads me to believe that it's not about the flag," she told FoxNews.com. "Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president."
    The financial markets, for example...

Hurlbert said she intends to contact an attorney regarding the matter and remained non-committal as to whether she'll fly the flag again.

"I won't say no and I won't say yes," she said. "We want to find out what our legal rights are."
    Because it's all about you.

Jenn Meale, communications director for Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, referred FoxNews.com to state laws that pertain to the use of flags on public lands and property when asked for clarification as to whether Hurlbert could face any penalties.

Statute 256.05, which covers improper use of state or United States flag, or other symbol of authority, reads: "No person shall, in any manner, for exhibition or display:

"(1) Place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing or advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, color, ensign or shield of the United States or of this state, or authorized by any law of the United States or this state; or
    "(2) Expose to public view any such flag, standard, color, ensign or shield upon which shall have been printed, painted or otherwise produced, or to which shall have been attached, appended, affixed or annexed any such word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing or advertisement."
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/14...#ixzz1p9mUqw5V

On the plus side, this might actually be the start of something new. It's nice to see Democrats not trying to burn the flag for once. Also, Obama might actually wear that flag as a lapel pin, or salute it, and Michelle might not make snide comments about it.

Also, is it me, or is it a rather unflattering picture of the narcissist in chief? His scowl reminds me of the look that he gets whenever his poll numbers drop. Whoever gave the Democrats that flag might have actually been setting them up.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 03-15-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'm partial to this one, a variant.

As for the obama flag....I'm grabbing that pic and posting it on every forum I visit. They call themselves Americans?

I hadn't seen or heard about it until I saw this thread. Haven't seen any news today.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Local news video

Vets angry over American flag featuring Obama

LAKE COUNTY, Fla.

Tempers are flaring over a version of the American flag flying in Lake County. A veterans group says the flag is an outrage.

The flag, which features a picture of President Obama, was taken down Tuesday afternoon.

Korean war veteran Don Van Beck said his blood was boiling.

"I can't describe how upset was because you just don't do that to the American flag," Van Beck said.

Van Beck found it flying outside Lake County Democratic headquarters under the stars and stripes. Marine Corps vet John Masterjohn was seeing red.

"Joseph Stalin, pictures of Mao, pictures of Adolph Hitler. The pomp, the ceremony -- the flags like that," Masterjohn said.

Nearly a dozen veterans went to the door and aimed to take it down.

"No. This is private property. This is private property. You're not allowed to touch anything. I'll call the police," Democratic Party chairwoman Nancy Hulbert said. "Just went online. Just went online and looked up the flag code. There is no higher-up in Lake County. I'm responsible. I take responsibility."

"If you've been a veteran and fought -- and some died for this flag -- you don't want to see it desecrated. That's how simple it is," Van Beck said.

--------------------------------------

Good video.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    2 things. #1, this looks like a bad representation of the Duke more than likely sold by some trinket seller. Which brings me to #2, this flag didn't hang over the RNC offices like the above narcissistic in chief's flag is over the DNC office.

Yeah but to a drone like Linda #'s the two are completely alike.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Yeah but to a drone like Linda #'s the two are completely alike.
    "Drone"? I was wondering if any alteration to the flag was acceptable (personally, I don't think so). Apparently here it is acceptable depending on what the subject is and who does it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Drone"? I was wondering if any alteration to the flag was acceptable (personally, I don't think so). Apparently here it is acceptable depending on what the subject is and who does it.
    Apparently, you are using a much too large brush. I don't believe the site owner has weighed in on what this board believes on the issue. I for one don't agree to any disrespect of our flag.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Apparently, you are using a much too large brush. I don't believe the site owner has weighed in on what this board believes on the issue. I for one don't agree to any disrespect of our flag.
    Then you and I completely agree on this. What I've seen are explanations that other such alterations were commercial rather than political, and that one representation was of a man who loved his country, thus making it somehow all right.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Hurlbert said she intends to contact an attorney regarding the matter and remained non-committal as to whether she'll fly the flag again.

"I won't say no and I won't say yes," she said. "We want to find out what our legal rights are."
    Yes, Dingy, you have the legal right to fly that POS flag. That's what all those brave men and women who are angry fought for: your right to be stupid in public.

"Legal" and "right" are not the same thing, lady. For 235 years, this country's finest, bravest men and women have suffered the worst kinds of privation, have starved and sweated and frozen and died face-down in the mud and/or screaming for their mothers in agony for the specific right for you to do as you please. They have stood guard, all day and all night, in the worst kinds of hot, cold, rain, snow, beating sun, and battering wind imaginable, always unwavering, always ready, solely for the purpose of protecting you, and they don't even know you.

All that they ask in return is that you use those rights respectfully. Is that really too much to ask?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.