Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Apparently, you are using a much too large brush. I don't believe the site owner has weighed in on what this board believes on the issue. I for one don't agree to any disrespect of our flag.
    No what she is doing is what the DUmmies do and using the "well it was done here so it's ok to do it this time" crap.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I have mixed feelings about it-I'm not a flag hater, or a flag burner, but I do recognize the difference between a symbol like the flag and the great country it represents.

It's disrespectful, and it makes me wonder about the people who would put someone's face on the flag more than the person whose face they put on it (whether it's Obama or The Duke).

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    No what she is doing is what the DUmmies do and using the "well it was done here so it's ok to do it this time" crap.
    Boy, do you know how to misread. I specifically said that I don't think it's ever all right.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A bit more from the article:
    Hurlbert said Tuesday's incident was the first time anyone had complained about the flag, which she received as a gift two months ago.

"It leads me to believe that it's not about the flag," she told FoxNews.com. "Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president."
    Yep, thats right. Perfect lib thinking. Military and Vets just can't stand the thought of a black man as president.

RACIST! ALL OF THEM!!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

There is no higher-up in Lake County. I'm responsible. I take responsibility."
    This woman has a high opinon of herself--no higher-up than her, the chair of the Dem party in Lake County? Oy!

To answer Linda #'s, please don't represent the comments of any member here as the feelings of the entire board or its owners.

As far as I'm concerned, the Duke pic is tacky and unacceptable on the flag, although it is at least superimposed over the flag, not totally taking over the field with the stars representing the states. It should not be, is not a justification for the Obama flag. It's sort of like the HOA in my community when they're fighting over the legal height of fences here. Those yapping for 6 foot fences instead of the 5 ft allowed per the deed restrictions use the same tactic as you have used----the citing someone blocks away who snuck in an illegally sized fence.

The Duke pic is tacky and the Obama picture is uber-tacky and a disturbing sign of the mindset of this administration. I remember all those little odes to Obama sung by the sweet little kids prompted by their Obama loving lib teachers. Then as Janice said remember those tacky fake Greek columns and on and on.

They have no respect for American traditions. God bless those vets for stepping up to the plate. When I watched the video posted on the link, the dem party chair stated that they could have called and it would be taken down. Don't think that would have happened. It took twelve vets standing out there with news cameras and some arguments with the lovely lady before that flag was finally removed.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Then you and I completely agree on this. What I've seen are explanations that other such alterations were commercial rather than political, and that one representation was of a man who loved his country, thus making it somehow all right.
    Nobody is saying that the John Wayne flag is okay. Both are unacceptable. The sole difference is that the person flying the Obama flag is a Democratic Party chair for the county, i.e., a party official, while the person selling the John Wayne flag is, presumably, some clown at a swap meet. I tend to expect more responsible civic conduct and knowledge from political party leaders than I do from guys selling cheesy memorabilia out of the backs of their cars.

Don't you?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    I would hope so, but that's not the way the betting is going, these days.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I would hope so, but that's not the way the betting is going, these days.
    This reminds me of William F. Buckley's comment that he would rather be governed by the first hundred names in the Boston phone book than the faculty of Harvard.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yep, thats right. Perfect lib thinking. Military and Vets just can't stand the thought of a black man as president.

RACIST! ALL OF THEM!!
    That's been the meme since day one. Anything, and I do mean anything negatively said against Obama all comes down to race. It's all in the Democratic playbook which, thanks to Obama, has been whittled down to just one page: When all else fails, claim racism.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    ...referred FoxNews.com to state laws that pertain to the use of flags on public lands and property when asked for clarification as to whether Hurlbert could face any penalties.
    I'm not sure we want to go down that road considering almost every novelty flag I've ever seen displayed or flown or worn as clothing would be considered "conservative" moreso than "liberal".

Although, I am partial to this one. It would make for some good head 'sploding.

Be Not Afraid.