Thread: Amer Flag with Obama's image sparks outrage

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    because the blue field and stars represent the states and the people in those states... Not just one self- absorbed jackass.
    amen!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    That's been the meme since day one. Anything, and I do mean anything negatively said against Obama all comes down to race. It's all in the Democratic playbook which, thanks to Obama, has been whittled down to just one page: When all else fails, claim racism.
    It's just another tactic to suppress dissent. Obama can't run on his record, and Democrats can't live without power, so they have to change the subject. If the election is about Obama's performance in office, then they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm not sure we want to go down that road considering almost every novelty flag I've ever seen displayed or flown or worn as clothing would be considered "conservative" moreso than "liberal".

Although, I am partial to this one. It would make for some good head 'sploding.

She won't face any penalties, at least not legally, because there aren't any, nor is anyone suggesting that there ought to be. The issue is the chairwoman of a county Democratic Party committee flying a flag that has been altered to become a partisan device, and the creepy personality cult that Democrats have built up around Obama.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Oh for God's sake people. In the first place, any "law" pertaining to what you can or can't do with a flag that you own is nullified by the First Amendment... as it should be. It might make me furious to see Mexicans drag the flag in the street of Los Angeles, but it's because they are advocating the destruction of the United States, not because they are incorporating a flag in their political statement. And yes, I cheered when the guy in San Diego or some crappy town in California took down the US flag from a Mexican store, because it was being flown under the Mexican flag. Resistance is not futile.

People have been altering and/or incorporating the US flag in political statements, commercial advertising, and parody for a long time, probably as long as there has been a US flag. The Ku Klux Klan and a host of other fringe groups use the US flag in their iconography.

Oh look, Nova has come in and is acting better(and smarter) than the rest of us. We "people" have apparently triggered his "I've had enough" switch and it is time for him to patronize us Rethugs.

Thanks Nova, thanks for saving us from ourselves and showing us the right way to think. You're the best.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Oh for God's sake people. In the first place, any "law" pertaining to what you can or can't do with a flag that you own is nullified by the First Amendment... as it should be. It might make me furious to see Mexicans drag the flag in the street of Los Angeles, but it's because they are advocating the destruction of the United States, not because they are incorporating a flag in their political statement. And yes, I cheered when the guy in San Diego or some crappy town in California took down the US flag from a Mexican store, because it was being flown under the Mexican flag. Resistance is not futile.

People have been altering and/or incorporating the US flag in political statements, commercial advertising, and parody for a long time, probably as long as there has been a US flag. The Ku Klux Klan and a host of other fringe groups use the US flag in their iconography.

I'm willing to concede that the Democratic Party is a fringe group, but they keep getting enough signatures to get their candidates on the ballot, so we have to pay at least some attention to their activities.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

First we had school children singing praises and reciting poetry for 0bama, which happened after his immaculation. Now we find the stars and stripes (less the stars) with a picture of 0bama in the stars place. This is the kind of thing that appears in Cuba, China and the former USSR. Not in the USA. Why dont the Democrats drop the pretense and just identify themselves as the communist party of the United States? As I understand it about 70 of them are already members as it is.

The leader of the Communist Party USA is telling his supporters to unite with democrats.

"Currently, the conditions rarely if ever allow us to run open Communists for office. When members do run for office, it is within the auspices of the Democratic Party. Otherwise, we find ourselves supporting progressive (and in some instances not-so-progressive) Democratic candidates. Despite how much many of us would love to run comrades for office as Communists, we all agree that this is how we currently have to function in this political climate."

“What was once impossible during the Bush years has become possible, thanks to the election of Barack Obama.”
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    First we had school children singing praises and reciting poetry for 0bama, which happened after his immaculation. Now we find the stars and stripes (less the stars) with a picture of 0bama in the stars place. This is the kind of thing that appears in Cuba, China and the former USSR. Not in the USA. Why dont the Democrats drop the pretense and just identify themselves as the communist party of the United States? As I understand it about 70 of them are already members as it is.

The leader of the Communist Party USA is telling his supporters to unite with democrats.

"Currently, the conditions rarely if ever allow us to run open Communists for office. When members do run for office, it is within the auspices of the Democratic Party. Otherwise, we find ourselves supporting progressive (and in some instances not-so-progressive) Democratic candidates. Despite how much many of us would love to run comrades for office as Communists, we all agree that this is how we currently have to function in this political climate."

“What was once impossible during the Bush years has become possible, thanks to the election of Barack Obama.”
    Notice that the Democrats never repudiate the communists that support them. When David Duke won a Republican primary for governor of Louisiana, the Republican party endorsed the Democrat. That never happens when the Democrats nominate an out and out Stalinist or any other monstrous ideologue.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Just practice the phrase "Führer, wir folgen!" You'll need it if he gets re-elected.