1. #1 A Day I've Dreaded Is Here 
    Today's the day we say goodbye to our foster son. We got him last July and as of 6pm tonight, he goes to be with his father. The joy he brought us is immeasurable. As is the pain in giving him up. Don't know if we'll be able to do this again.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Today's the day we say goodbye to our foster son. We got him last July and as of 6pm tonight, he goes to be with his father. The joy he brought us is immeasurable. As is the pain in giving him up. Don't know if we'll be able to do this again.
    Man, that has got to be tough.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Man, that has got to be tough.
    It feels like he died even though he's in his room taking a nap. The painful part is that he is in no way better off with his father than with us. Even worse than that, chances are he'll be back with his mother.

I can't imagine how this baby feels being bounced around from one home to the next.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Kudos to you for being a foster parent -- gotta be one of the most challenging things an adult can do, but then also the flip side is often true, which is what you're expressing.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    God Bless you & your wife for opening up your hearts & home to provide a safe secure & loving enviornment for the children that need that.

I am sure the joy of receiving the little ones into your heart & home is tempered by the sorrow of seeing them go.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I feel for you and I will keep you and him and your family in my prayers.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Well, he's now gone. Our house feels so empty. I'm not going into his room for a while. Too painful. Thanks for all the well wishes.