Thread: Justice Department protectis voter fraud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liberals had better beware! There is only so much that the public will take before we react.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    The response I've heard to your examples is that "people can choose to fly or rent a car, but voting is a RIGHT." Seriously, that's the response. That's the side which calls it "voter suppression".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The response I've heard to your examples is that "people can choose to fly or rent a car, but voting is a RIGHT." Seriously, that's the response. That's the side which calls it "voter suppression".
    Okay... Then I guess that the other things that require photo ID aren't rights, either. For example:
    • Welfare, health care and other aid from the government aren't rights, because you have to provide photo ID to apply.
    • The newly created right to marry is obviously not a right, since you have to produce photo ID when they apply for the license. I guess that gays without photo IDs are doubly persecuted...
    • There must not be a right to house yourself, since you can't get a lease without a photo ID.
    • We're told that there is a right to credit, since banks are being punished for not making loans or providing other services. Clearly, those banks that require photo ID to open accounts, extend credit or provide other services are denying the rights of the disenfranchised.
    • For that matter, you cannot even drive a car without a license. Is the movement of people, goods and services within the country simply a "choice", or do we have a right to move freely? Remember, these are the same moonbats who argued that police traffic stops on election day were an attempt at voter intimidation. Are they seriously arguing that voting is a right, but driving to the polling place is just a choice? Does that mean that if the police block vehicular traffic at polling places, they aren't infringing on the rights of voters?
    • Applying for a job requires a photo ID and Social Security number. Now, it's true that Democrats don't really care about the poor applying for jobs, but they also need a photo ID to get food stamps, welfare or just about any other kind of public assistance.
    • Registering for school requires a photo ID, either for the parent, or if the student is an adult.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Gotta have enough photo ID to fly but to vote, nah, just show up!

Show up, point like Grog at the polling station, look homeless and dirty, act stupid, and they'll let you vote. After all, you cannot be a dreaded Republican citizen looking so filthy, you are most likely a desirable illegal alien who votes DimoRAT.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by wwworkingguy View Post
    I don't understand the resistance to this.
    In my mind, the danger in requiring citizens to have and carry around "papers" proving legality is that one must supply them upon demand to law enforcement, or government agents. Currently, it's not illegal to be without ID if you are a US citizen just walking around town. The next step an oppressive government takes is denying or obstructing the issuance of those papers to whomever it defines as undesirables.

I agree this would be the most effective solution, and I DO think there should be voter ID. Ironically, it's been the conservatives who have been against a national ID card, especially the religious right who think there's some sort of "666" aspect to it.
    You're an idiot. Please provide documentation where any religious organization balks at a national ID because it means 666.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You're an idiot. Please provide documentation where any religious organization balks at a national ID because it means 666.
    Not organization. Individuals (as represented on FR, for example), who think that it's just one step away from implanted chips and Revelation....

Here's a beaut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLT7i3FbRTY
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    In my mind, the danger in requiring citizens to have and carry around "papers" proving legality is that one must supply them upon demand to law enforcement, or government agents. Currently, it's not illegal to be without ID if you are a US citizen just walking around town. The next step an oppressive government takes is denying or obstructing the issuance of those papers to whomever it defines as undesirables.
    We're not talking about requiring citizens to carry around "papers", we're talking about using an already-issued photo ID to prove identity before voting. You can still go to Wal-Mart without your ID (although you may have a problem buying that big-screen TV), you just can't vote without it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

In Florida, even though you have valid insurance cards, the dictors' offices demand a photo ID, I guess because of all the grifters here who would use someone else's insurance card.

Have no problem showing my photo ID when voting. It's a valid way to help curb voter fraud.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Liberals hate voiter ID laws because it stops their ability to cheat in elections...which is the only way they can win.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwworkingguy View Post
    I think that we should have a national id card for every citizen. Other countries like Brazil have this. I don't understand the resistance to this. We already have social security #'s and that is a form of national id but it doesn't have a picture on it and is so flimsy as to be easily counterfited.
    Allowing people to vote without current picture id is absolutely ludicris. Only a party or a justice department that is seeking chaos & the breakdown of our system would want this.
    I agree this would be the most effective solution, and I DO think there should be voter ID. Ironically, it's been the conservatives who have been against a national ID card, especially the religious right who think there's some sort of "666" aspect to it.
    Liberals are hypocrites. They know they are falsley claiming "disenfranchisement" when they make their ludicrous claims about voter ID laws. They also know the real reason is simply to violate voting laws in order to build power so that they can ultimately tear down the ultimate law of the land in the Constitution.

Why is it that the DIMS (and make no mistake, O Blah Blah care is a DIM law), put a national health care ID into their horrid Frankenstien of a law? Of course only taxpayers will be penalized initially since the IRS is the Brownshirt enforcers, but ultimately all will have to have it.

There is absolutely NO reason for ANY national ID as I don't vote in a National voting station. I vote in a STATE voting precinct and show STATE ID. If a minority is too lazy or stupid to acquire state ID, he is too lazy or stupid to vote.

As for the 666 angle, you have to admit, if it were to happen it would have to start somewhere. A requirement for national ID is a potential starting point whether you ridicule it or not.
    Last edited by AmPat; 03-18-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand