Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Well. I am now Technically Homeless (But I'm Lucky) 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Libtard gets "Lucky", still bitches...

Sat Mar 17, 2012, 07:38 PM
    excuse not to write

Well. I am now Technically Homeless (But I'm Lucky)

My unemployment insurance ran out 4 months ago, the "Texas Jobs Boom" is a myth, and my bungalow was foreclosed on. I moved out yesterday. But like the headline says, I'm one of the lucky ones. My older brother Sean is an engineer living here in Everett, WA who is not a member of the 1% but probably is in the 7-or-8 percent, and has allowed me to move in with him and his family. I shall have to listen (again) to his lectires about my Liberal Arts degree vs. something more concrete like--you guessed it--engineering, but hey, maybe he's right. Even if not, the bottom line is that I have a roof over my head tonight.

Again, and I cannot stress this enough, I am one of the lucky!
    May the FORCE be with you!

i smell attntion whore....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Fabulous Poster
    Inspired by but unrelated to the OP: I wonder how many people on this site are actually working in their major.

The only people I know who are working in their major are legal and medical personnel.

Wonder how long before the OP gets kicked out of his brother's place?
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Inspired by but unrelated to the OP: I wonder how many people on this site are actually working in their major.

The only people I know who are working in their major are legal and medical personnel.
    You mean working in the technical field they have a degree in?

excuse not to write

24. Ha! Maybe I'm supposed to bring him fully to the Democratic Party!
    Let's summarize your posts from that thread:

You:
    - Unemployed for probably over a year.
    - Lost house to foreclosure.
    - Have to rely on the kindness of family and move in with your brother and his family for who knows how long. And with no money.
    - Have a Liberal Arts degree you are unable to use.
    - Described yourself as lazy.

Your brother:
    - Good old-school Irish Catholic Republican.
    - Fiscal conservative.
    - Has an Engineering degree.
    - Works as an engineer.
    - Is in the 7%.
    - Owns his own business.
    - Owns his own home because he opened his home to you even though you don't have 3 cents in your pocket.

Do you really want to "bring him fully" to the Democrat party? Why would you do such a thing? Why would you completely ruin his life like you ruined yours?

What freaking planet am I living on?

Have you given any thought to maybe trying to be more like your brother? Your way hasn't worked. It never does. Try his way for once.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Let's summarize your posts from that thread:

You:
    - Unemployed for probably over a year.
    - Lost house to foreclosure.
    - Have to rely on the kindness of family and move in with your brother and his family for who knows how long. And with no money.
    - Have a Liberal Arts degree you are unable to use.
    - Described yourself as lazy.

Your brother:
    - Good old-school Irish Catholic Republican.
    - Fiscal conservative.
    - Has an Engineering degree.
    - Works as an engineer.
    - Is in the 7%.
    - Owns his own business.
    - Owns his own home because he opened his home to you even though you don't have 3 cents in your pocket.

Do you really want to "bring him fully" to the Democrat party? Why would you do such a thing? Why would you completely ruin his life like you ruined yours?

What freaking planet am I living on?

Have you given any thought to maybe trying to be more like your brother? Your way hasn't worked. It never does. Try his way for once.
    He's lucky that his brother isn't a Democrat. They give far less to charity and believe that simply holding an opinion makes you better than someone who disagrees but actually accomplishes something. His brother would have "felt his pain" without doing anything about it except demanding higher taxes for everybody else, and then patted himself on the back for having compassion for the less fortunate.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

There are always internships. It helps people get experience. I didn't have a lot of chances to that because my car always broke down. It couldn't be relied upon.

I do agree that a Humanities degree is not the way to go. Since this person is living with family, maybe they can get a crap job, save their money, and go to a community college to get some additional training.

The Liberal Arts and other Humanities degree is good in the sense that it teaches problem solving skills, research skills, discipline skills if it's music. Problem is you need those beginning jobs of actual experience to apply it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He's lucky that his brother isn't a Democrat. They give far less to charity and believe that simply holding an opinion makes you better than someone who disagrees but actually accomplishes something. His brother would have "felt his pain" without doing anything about it except demanding higher taxes for everybody else, and then patted himself on the back for having compassion for the less fortunate.
    That's bull. My sister is a Democrat. I often see the Republican point of view better than she does. She's one of those "Rich aren't paying enough taxes, they should pay for everything" types. When I was in really bad shape, she helped me out. When my father fell ill a couple of years ago, I took a lot of time off of work and lost a lot of money so I could be with him and help him and my mom out. I'm a Democrat. According to that silly poll in the lounge, I'm a hardcore liberal.

Maybe you all and the DUers should judge people by their character and not their political party.

Now when it suits them, the DUmmy wants to split hairs. There were only two categories to the DUmmy world view; 1percenters and 99 percenters. Now we have 7 and 8 percenters. Where will the final "approved" level of ownership and wealth fall?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand