Thread: “It’s like the Hatfields and the McCoys around here,”

1. #1 “It’s like the Hatfields and the McCoys around here,” 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    (ABC News) — Police and organizers shut down proceedings at one of Missouri’s largest caucuses today, as Ron Paul supporters feuded with local GOP leaders.
    “It’s like the Hatfields and the McCoys around here,” St. Charles County’s former GOP chairman told ABC News, after police arrived on-scene with a helicopter and removed Paul backers.

In St. Charles, an exurb of St. Louis and one of the state’s largest GOP counties, Paul supporters sought to elect their own chairman and adopt their own rules when proceedings opened — both of which are part of standard caucus rules and procedure. But as they argued with the caucus chair, Paul supporters held video cameras — against caucus rules, according to a GOP official who was there — and things became contentious.

“It turned into a little food fight within the caucus, between the caucus chairman trying to control the caucus and certain elements, I guess with Ron Paul, trying to be heard,” said Tom Kipers, a former chairman of the St. Charles GOP, who attended the caucus at Francis Howell North High School.
    Starting to become a regular problem with the Paulbots.
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/11/ro...madness-video/
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Maybe they see this as Dr Crazy last chance to get elected, so they are taking out their frustrations out on others.

It's ridiculous that they had to disrupt the causus like that. SR commented to me this am about what was going on in St Charles County (NW of St Louis, the adjoining county). It's a very heavily populated county with strong Republican representation. SR and I attended a rally in 2010, shortly after Sarah Palin was nominated. The large arena there was overflowing with GOP supporters. McCain and Palin carried Missouri in 2010.

You'd think with the few delegates that Ron Paul has managed to accrue that they'd give it a rest. Oh, well.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Okay, full disclosure--I'd have voted for Ron Paul if it would have made a difference.

But seriously, let's not knock the Paulistas too hard. They truly believe, and they know how to make a lot of noise, which is something that conservatives generally don't do. What we should be doing is trying to bring these kids into the fold, to bring some of the zeal and energy to mainstream conservatism. The libs beat us with this stick time and time again, and I think turnabout is fair play.