Thread: Shopping thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Shopping thread 
    What are your favorite stores? I love Crate & Barrel for the home and J Jill for clothes. I was so glad when they finally opened a J Jill here. The clothes are very comfortable, fit well, but I generally wait for a sale before I buy. It's a relatively long ride to Tampa to check out the stuff at Crate & Barrel, so I usually buy online. Before Christmas I went beserk, as they had a deal if you ordered $100 all the shipping was free, including to multiple addresses. So most of the relatives in St Louis got gifts from C&B for Christmas, delivered to their homes. Hope they didn't mind that I was too thrifty to get them gift wrapped. It's the thought that counts.

Now I see why so many stores offer the specials and coupons just to get customers in the door. There's a place called Bealls in Florida, a local Florida chain. There are the regular stores and outlets all over Sarasota. I used to laugh at the stuff, but I guess Florida is getting to me. They always show dinnerware with palm trees and lots of Florida coastal type stuff (and lots of touristy looking junk). But a few of the things are nice. I must be going soft to add a few sea shell things, but I didn't want all that rattan furniture and the "Florida" theme look. Maybe if we had a beach house, but we don't.

What are your favorite places to shop?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    There's a place called Bealls in Florida, a local Florida chain.
    I bought my bathroom art from Bealls..lol...My master bathroom is mostly beige/gold with hints of turquoise, I wanted to do a seashell/beach theme, so I have a collage of seashell art on the walls and some beach stuff. I'll post pics later.

I love Crate & Barrel and I also shop at Home Goods and Bed, Bath & Beyond as I always get 20% off coupons in the mail. I have found some very unique things at Home Goods and I love going there as you never know what they are carrying for the week. I bought a pretty planter and hearts for my outdoor patio last week, along with a white vase with sandalwood flowers for my bathroom. Will post pics of that too.

For clothing, my main go to is Macy's...but I'll pick up anything I like around the mall at different stores. For dressy type things, I like Dillards.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 03-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Here is the seashell collage in my bathroom

close-up

This isn't a seashell, but I really liked the color of the flower, and the colors matched

The above I bought at Bealls...

This stuff I got at Home Goods:

This is also in my bathroom

Some other assorted stuff I got at Home Goods

Some Easter home decor

my kid ate all the little chocolate eggs that were in there

The little paper eggs were purchased at Home Goods, the blue and white server, at Targets

This is one in a set of 3 Moroccan style canisters, this sits on my desk in the den...I will probably fill it up with pens and pencils.

This is small, sits on top of my directtv box in my bedroom...it's just very peaceful to me,

My front patio: Chairs were throwaways from my mother's neighbor..I happened to be driving home and saw them, told my father to grab them. I cleaned them, was going to paint, but I loved the natural, worn patina they had, (they are metal), so I left them. I bought those cushions at target, the table I had from a wicker set that I once had...The planter and hearts, at Home Goods.

Close up of planter and hearts

These are classic reproduction Spode plates I got at Home Goods...I love this style of plates, old English look. They are hung in my kitchen

Okay, I'm done...lol
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 03-20-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Power CUer
    I get my clothes at Eileen Fisher. I don't really go to home stores, because our house is already pretty full. When Home Goods first opened, I said it certainly wasn't a very creative name. My husband said, "If you like what they have, you won't care if it's called Hitler's." We've called it "Hitler's" ever since.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Hawkgirl, love your pics and the stuff you got at Bealls. I especially love those throwaway chairs. You should send the pics to the Nate Berkus show---the "house proud" segment. You definitely have a flair for decorating.

Anyone can go out and spend unlimited amounts and/or get a decorator. It takes a flair to select things from many sources and maje them look perfect together.

Will take some pics soon, but right now having problems posting. Woke up Friday am and right index finger swollen & sore. Physical therapist suggested icing & elevating, Did last week, felt better, than got busy & didn't continue. Now it's extremely sore again. I'll probably have to give in & go to a doc.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I get my clothes at Eileen Fisher. I don't really go to home stores, because our house is already pretty full. When Home Goods first opened, I said it certainly wasn't a very creative name. My husband said, "If you like what they have, you won't care if it's called Hitler's." We've called it "Hitler's" ever since.
    Not sure if there's an Euleen Fisher store here. I disposed of many of my things when we moved to Florida. This house is larger than the other home, so have been getting many different accessories. I sold quite a few things at the local consignment store. I get 65%, balance goes for scholarships to local students.

"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Hawkgirl, love your pics and the stuff you got at Bealls. I especially love those throwaway chairs. You should send the pics to the Nate Berkus show---the "house proud" segment. You definitely have a flair for decorating.

Anyone can go out and spend unlimited amounts and/or get a decorator. It takes a flair to select things from many sources and maje them look perfect together.

Thanks SLW, my gay neighbors love the unique ways that I decorate my house.....so I know I do okay in that department...lol
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 03-21-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Power CUer
    SLW, according to the Eileen Fisher site, there is a Sarasota location at 1501 Main Street. The other Florida locations are Naples, Sanibel Island, Palm Beach Gardens, and Winter Park. I also get some EF items from Neiman Marcus - they have some things of hers that are exclusive to them, and aren't found in the EF stores. My ultimate goal was to make my closet look like the inside of one of her stores, and I'm well on the way!

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

SLW, according to the Eileen Fisher site, there is a Sarasota location at 1501 Main Street. The other Florida locations are Naples, Sanibel Island, Palm Beach Gardens, and Winter Park. I also get some EF items from Neiman Marcus - they have some things of hers that are exclusive to them, and aren't found in the EF stores. My ultimate goal was to make my closet look like the inside of one of her stores, and I'm well on the way!

Odd, I would have thought your closet would be full with tie dyes, platform pants and hair beads...

Didn't even realize it was on Main Street. It's in the downtown section of Sarasota. Those clothes look lovely. but not spending that much on clothes anymore since no lomger working. Things are extremely casual in Florida and don't have much of a need for that type wardrobe now. I had some lovely clothes for work, but either sold at a consignment shop or donated most of them. I was exhausted packing for the move to Florida, so was in a mad dash to lighten the load coming down here,

"

GO CARDS