Thread: Shopping thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Things are extremely casual in Florida and don't have much of a need for that type wardrobe now. ,
    One of the things I love about living here. I am in flip flops for about 10 months out of the year
    Getting dressed up seems like such a chore now. Things were a lot different in NYC as you can imagine. It certainly is a slower pace of life here and being on both ends...I prefer it here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    One of the things I love about living here. I am in flip flops for about 10 months out of the year
    Getting dressed up seems like such a chore now. Things were a lot different in NYC as you can imagine. It certainly is a slower pace of life here and being on both ends...I prefer it here.
    I agree. It's nice to not have to worry about the rigid dress code my company imposed. I had a nice little black knit suit & was chastised by HR for it being too casual. I was really ticked off, as I thought it was OK. It was far from a St John knit, but it was OK to call on my government clients. Most of the women were in jeans and a top. I kept telling my boss that sales reps who dressed too expensively put off some of their clients. I argued for the chamelon theory---that one needed to fit in.

    At least I "retired" (got my 401k, no pension) with a nice party and on good terms. The guy who gave me all the trouble was shown the door. He and his dress code were outta there.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,428
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I agree. It's nice to not have to worry about the rigid dress code my company imposed.
    I like Eileen Fisher because it's all very comfortable, yet completely presentable. And every piece mixes and matches with others - it's like Garanimals for adults. When it comes to dress codes, well, I work in a company full of systems engineers, and they're not generally known for their fashion sense.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,689
    I buy most of my clothes at: Macys, Dress Barn or Nordstrom (the main store or The Rack). Main store Nordstrom shopping is strictly clearance sale time, or Mom's birthday present (the gift wrapping makes it very clear the present did not come from The Rack, and I like for my mom to know I spent some $$ on her).


    I buy most of my home items from Target, Meijer or Kohls.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,595
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I buy most of my clothes at: Macys, Dress Barn or Nordstrom (the main store or The Rack). Main store Nordstrom shopping is strictly clearance sale time, or Mom's birthday present (the gift wrapping makes it very clear the present did not come from The Rack, and I like for my mom to know I spent some $$ on her).


    I buy most of my home items from Target, Meijer or Kohls.
    Wouldn't you know that as soon as I moved from St Louis, they built a Nordstrom Rack. Grrrr. Of course there's no Nordstrom in Sarasota. I've gotten some pretty good buys at Nordstrom's sales. You can't beat their customer service.

    When I was in St Louis, I went to the Rack and got some cute little clothes for the 2 little ones and a nice pair of gloves for their mom, my very nice DIL.

    I've got to resist that ZuLily thing. They have the most darling little clothes for kids. I bought a couple things and had them shipped to St Louis for my two little sweeties. Their mommy said that they were good quality. It always worries me ordering from an unfamiliar source, so was glad to hear that they were OK.

    Sounds like your mom is a lucky woman, having a nice daughter like you.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    I love Gymboree for my daughter...she has so much of their clothing I should probably find out if they're a public company and buy stock.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I love Gymboree for my daughter...she has so much of their clothing I should probably find out if they're a public company and buy stock.
    My niece's little girl loves Justice. I think it's one of those mall places geared to kids around 10 or so. Her little sister likes a place called Sugar & Spice. I don't know if they're national chains. I'll have to find Gymboree for my 17 mo old granddaughter, haven't been getting much for myself lately, but can't resist those cute kid clothes. I bet your mom has the same problem.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    My niece's little girl loves Justice. I think it's one of those mall places geared to kids around 10 or so. Her little sister likes a place called Sugar & Spice. I don't know if they're national chains. I'll have to find Gymboree for my 17 mo old granddaughter, haven't been getting much for myself lately, but can't resist those cute kid clothes. I bet your mom has the same problem.
    Yup, I mostly do online shopping for Gymboree as the prices are better. I always show sale items and buy bigger. Otherwise, it's pretty expensive.
    My mom and my sister in law always buy for her so I don't really do as much shopping thanks to all the cute gifts she gets.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I love Gymboree for my daughter...she has so much of their clothing I should probably find out if they're a public company and buy stock.
    Gymboree was a public company (NASDAQ: GYMB) until November of 2010, when it was bought out. Now you'd have to invest in the parent holding company.... Bain Capital.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,595
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Gymboree was a public company (NASDAQ: GYMB) until November of 2010, when it was bought out. Now you'd have to invest in the parent holding company.... Bain Capital.
    Wasn't Eileen Fisher the high end line of Liz Claiborne some years ago? I haven't been shopping much lately. Is Liz Claiborne still around?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •