Thread: Shopping thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Wasn't Eileen Fisher the high end line of Liz Claiborne some years ago? I haven't been shopping much lately. Is Liz Claiborne still around?
    I liked Liz in the 90's...I still like Ann Taylor.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Gymboree was a public company (NASDAQ: GYMB) until November of 2010, when it was bought out. Now you'd have to invest in the parent holding company.... Bain Capital.
    They'll be bankrupted for sure!

Power CUer
    Wasn't Eileen Fisher the high end line of Liz Claiborne some years ago? I haven't been shopping much lately. Is Liz Claiborne still around?
    No - Eileen Fisher and Liz Claiborne have always been separate people and separate companies. Liz Claiborne is quite an empire: it includes Kate Spade, Jack Spade (but not David Spade!), Juicy Couture, DKNY, and Lucky Brands. Liz herself died almost five years ago, and they're retiring her name now; the conglomerate will be known as Fifth and Pacific in a month or two.
    Eileen Fisher is a generation younger than Liz Claiborne, very much alive, and started her eponymous, independent company in 1984.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I liked Liz in the 90's...I still like Ann Taylor.
    Unlike Liz Claiborne and Eileen Fisher, there has never actually been a person connected with this company who was named Ann Taylor. I guess it was considered classier than "Richard Liebeskind."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Unlike Liz Claiborne and Eileen Fisher, there has never actually been a person connected with this company who was named Ann Taylor. I guess it was considered classier than "Richard Liebeskind."
    That's pretty interesting to learn. Love the designers, whoever they are..lol

I love Gymboree for my daughter...she has so much of their clothing I should probably find out if they're a public company and buy stock.
    My nieces loved their clothes when they were that aged.

Now, the 9 year old loves Justice (formerly The Limited Too) and the 12 year old loves A&F, Hollister and Aeropostle t shirts with jeans from Target.

I refuse to buy her anything from A&F and told her that it was because they sexualize children both with their products and their advertising.

Power CUer
    Abercrombie and Fitch is where my grandfather and great-grandfather used to get their hunting and fishing equipment. I couldn't believe how much it had changed, and they would be none too pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My nieces loved their clothes when they were that aged.

Now, the 9 year old loves Justice (formerly The Limited Too) and the 12 year old loves A&F, Hollister and Aeropostle t shirts with jeans from Target.

I refuse to buy her anything from A&F and told her that it was because they sexualize children both with their products and their advertising.
    Agree totally with you on A&F, besides their clothes don't seem to be as high of quality as in the good old days.

Thanks for the info on Justice. Had heard of The Limited Too, but don't spend much time at the malls. I just send a check to St Louis & my sis gets a gift card for the kids to Justice and to Sweet & Sassy for the younger little girl.

Is Justice one of those places with all the peace signs? Just wondering.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Is Justice one of those places with all the peace signs? Just wondering.
    I think so, very colorful store front. I was at the Mall on Saturday and saw one and thought of you..lol

I'm sure my daughter will be checking out in a couple of years.

I think so, very colorful store front. I was at the Mall on Saturday and saw one and thought of you..lol

I'm sure my daughter will be checking out in a couple of years.
    That hippy peace sign stuff definitely isn't my style, but I figure if I get them a gift card it's up to them to get what they want, My niece is a lib and probably thinks I'm one of those hopeless conservatives that she tolerates. We never talk politics or viewpoints. I do with her mom, and that is the basis for many disputes, so I just stand back from the niece. She and her little girls mean a lot to me, so they're one of my few exceptions with that "lib thing".
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"