1. #1 Head Of Obama’s Jobs Council Jeff Immelt To Jump Ship And Vote For Romney 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt, the head of President Obama’s Jobs Board, plans to vote for Mitt Romney, Fox Business’ Charles Gasparino reports (via Bloomberg).

If true, the news would represent a major embarrassment to the Obama administration, which had elevated Immelt in their pursuit of private sector employment growth.

Gasparino has not spoken with Immelt, but said sources close to the G.E. chief said he was leaving Obama’s side.

The president named Immelt the head of his panel of economic advisers in January as a replacement to Paul Volcker, the former Federal Reserve chairman.

Keep reading…

Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Maybe just the first of many more to come. Rats .. sinking ships and all that.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Well...

GE uses loopholes to pay $0 in taxes and I actually think it's negative because they get money from the government. This allows them to unfairly compete with companies that don't have an army of lawyers and lobbyists to pay $0 in taxes. They also have stake in Citigroup, and greatly benefited from the wallstreet bailouts (they purchased billions in retail credit cards). So this really just reaffirms my belief that Romney is a corporate crony capitalist. I would prefer my next president isn't the favorite of the big lobbyists.

What's really scary is that GE owns NBC and co-owns Universal Pictures. So we talk about the media telling you who to vote for...

Imelt is an opportunist. He's jumping ship because he knows that Obama's reelection odds are dropping like a stone, and Romney is the most likely Republican nominee. It's not a sinister attempt to manipulate the public, but a cynical attempt to be on the winning side so that GE continues to enjoy access to government.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Followed by...

Top Obama Campaign Bundler Defects To Romney Over President’s Call For Israel To Retreat To 1967 Borders…

If Mitt Romney is victorious in Illinois on Tuesday, it will be due in part to one of his key advantages as a presidential candidate: big-money fundraisers.
    Romney has assembled a broad roster of Illinois donors who have helped him bring in millions in President Obama’s back yard, part of a network of hundreds of major fundraisers nationwide that has allowed him to easily outpace the rest of the Republican field. [...]

Susan Crown, a philanthropist and member of the billionaire Crown family, has switched sides from supporting Obama in 2008 to backing Romney now, although some of her relatives remain Obama supporters. Crown said in an interview that she was prompted to support Romney after Obama spoke in favor of a return to 1967 borders with land swaps as part of a potential Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement.

“There are a lot of people here who are very disappointed in the president,” said Crown, who co-hosted a fundraiser for Romney last year with her husband. “Illinois is very important because it’s Barack Obama’s home state and it has a lot of independents. I’m an independent and I’m working as hard as I can for Mitt.”
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Immelt is just a whore, it has nothing to do with ideology and everything to do with being on the winning side when the dust clears, so he can still enjoy all the benefits of Crony Captialism.

GE and companies like it are why I laugh sardonically every time the business geeks talk about how high and uncompetitive our "Effective corporate tax rate" is, since in GE's case it is obviously zero percent.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Immelt is just a whore, it has nothing to do with ideology and everything to do with being on the winning side when the dust clears, so he can still enjoy all the benefits of Crony Captialism.

GE and companies like it are why I laugh sardonically every time the business geeks talk about how high and uncompetitive our "Effective corporate tax rate" is, since in GE's case it is obviously zero percent.
    If as we near November it appears that Obama will be the winner he will direct support back to Obama, you have it pegged.
    No ethics, no morality, not one concern for what is best for the country.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg