Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The simple way to stop the war on women: 
    All you conservative men who are married to a liberal woman beware.........they're out to blackmail you.....cause you have no right to your own opinions on who to vote for....
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/125123814

Star Member Liberty Belle (6,488 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

The simple way to stop the war on women:

Last edited Tue Mar 20, 2012, 12:44 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    If every woman would simply tell her husband or male partner, "No more sex with me if you vote for a woman-hating Republican for President or Congress" this nonsense would all stop. Insist that he vote by absentee ballot and that he show you the completed ballot, stamp and mail it with you as witness before resuming intimate relations. Make clear that you are doing this to protect the lives of women everywhere, including your own daughters and other female relations. Then have him contact his legislators in the statehouse and Congress to tell him he's a man standing up for women's rights and just cast his vote against them for that reason.

Secondly, every Republican and others who voted for Republicans should not be silent. Tell your representatives it is NOT acceptable to attack birth control, access to basic medical tests like PAP smears, choice or other women's rights. Demand that they publicly denounce the GOP for its attacks on women's rights. (Most won't but should be flooded with people who actually voted for them expressing outrage.) Tell them to stop hurting women and start paying attention to the serious issues in this country instead. Make clear that you will NOT vote for any candidate who supports the war on women or fails to denounce it.

Third, find out everyplace your right-wing representatives are appearing. Show up, preferably with hubby or significant other in tow if you have a male partner, and speak out. Talk about Republicans forcing women to undergo vaginal ultrasounds, redefine "rape", introduce "conception" bills that would let a mother DIE rather than get an abortion if her life is at stake, that would force a woman who is raped to give birth because an egg has more rights than a mother. Point out that that even married women use birth control. And if we don't cover it with insurance, if a woman can't afford birth control how on earth is she supposed to afford caring for an unwanted baby? Point out that these issues were decided mostly in the last century. Like what the GOP is doing to the Taliban's efforts to control and harm women.

If all righteously outraged women AND MEN in this country would take a stand and draw a line in the sand on this issue, the Republicans would be thoroughly trounced and in the future will either moderate their positions or vanish like the Whigs of yore.
    Last edited by Carol; 03-20-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Ah, the Lysistrata gambit. Haven't seen the left try that since Vietnam.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And people think a classical education has no value anymore.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Or even an education from a second-tier state university with a few good literature profs.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It always has value. Reading Tacitus during the Clinton impeachment hearings, or Machiavelli during the run up to the Iraq War, or Xenophon after we got into Afghanistan gives you perspective. When the Somalis dragged our pilots' bodies through the streets of Mogadishu, I thought of Achilles dragging the body of Hector around the walls of Troy.

The past is there to teach us, if we are willing to learn.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

oh goody! a goosestepping feminazi....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They couldn't have tried it for long during Vietnam, since that time frame was also the decade of "free love".

i don't get this whole 'war on women' meme...

how is forcing persons and organizations, that oppose contraceptives, to provide contraceptives a 'war on women'? they, right now, do not provide the services yet women have access to them. so how is the status quo endangering women? i mean if it is so damn important to women's health, why aren't we bulldozing mass graves for all the dead women now?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    i don't get this whole 'war on women' meme...

how is forcing persons and organizations, that oppose contraceptives, to provide contraceptives a 'war on women'? they, right now, do not provide the services yet women have access to them. so how is the status quo endangering women? i mean if it is so damn important to women's health, why aren't we bulldozing mass graves for all the dead women now?
    Don't introduce logic, then the whole sham falls apart. "War against women" is easier to raise support for than "We're gonna wipe our butt with the Constitution and it's asinine limits on what WE want government to do to....I mean for everybody, and attack those silly moral standards at the same time." It fits on a bumper sticker much better too.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Don't introduce logic, then the whole sham falls apart. "War against women" is easier to raise support for than "We're gonna wipe our butt with the Constitution and it's asinine limits on what WE want government to do to....I mean for everybody, and attack those silly moral standards at the same time." It fits on a bumper sticker much better too.
    H5. As I was reading your post I began to ponder "That's not going to fit on a bumper sticker".
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.