Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
When something seems to good to be true it always is.
There have been so called miracle cures for cancer since the word was invented and people that are dying do try them, I have had many friends that died of cancer and lots of them tried non standard remedies, in the end they all ended up looking at the grass from the bottom side.

I had a second or third cousin who was a cancer researcher (Grandpa's niece by his half-sister). She and her husband truly believed that megadoses of vitamin C could cure cancer. I remember when I was 15 or so, and they came to visit us (after being kicked out of Tito's Yugoslavia) and were telling us of their research. They also had invented a machine that could detect cancer from one blood test, and pinpoint it's location with a second test. This was in the mid to late 70s-I suspect that the machine was not as accurate as they claimed.

I'm sure that at some point in time, a cancer cure will be developed, but it won't be as easy as this appears to be and probably some other disease will come along to keep the population in check, if one believes in the Malthusian Trap.