Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 French police surround suspect in Toulouse shootings 
    From Diana Magnay and Marilia Brocchetto, CNN
    updated 9:12 AM EDT, Wed March 21, 2012
    Toulouse, France (CNN) -- About 300 police officers surrounded an apartment in the south of France on Wednesday, trying to coax a man whom authorities called a self-styled al Qaeda jihadist to surrender after a series of shootings that left seven people dead.

Soon after special operations police mounted their raid in Toulouse at 3:30 a.m., shots rang out from inside, wounding two officers, police said.

The man later threw a handgun out the window, but he has other guns, Interior Minister Claude Gueant said.

As the standoff stretched to its sixth hour, Gueant said he expected the suspect to give himself up in the afternoon.

Gueant said the suspect had told him that, adding that he hoped the suspect was telling the truth.

But the suspect later broke off communications with the police, Gueant told reporters.

A prosecution official in Paris named the suspect as Mohammed Merah, 23. He was born in Toulouse, said Elisabeth Allanic, a magistrate at the Prosecutors Office.

He had been under surveillance by French intelligence for years, the interior minister said.

He had "already committed certain infractions, some with violence," Gueant said.

He was in a Toulouse court February 24 for causing an accident with injuries and driving without a license and served some time in jail, CNN affiliate BFM-TV reported.

Gueant said the suspect had a car containing more weapons near his apartment.

The suspect is accused of killing seven people in the last 10 days: a rabbi and three children at a Jewish school on Monday, and three soldiers of north African origin who had recently returned from Afghanistan in two earlier incidents.

As the siege went on, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said he would meet with Muslim and Jewish leaders and asked the nation "to unite together to show that terrorism will not be able to fracture our national community.

"France must be stronger than ever in national unity. We owe this to the victims who were assassinated in cold blood," he said.

Interior Minister Gueant said the suspect is a French national of Algerian origin who spent considerable time in Afghanistan and Pakistan.Read More>http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/21/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Why wasnt I shocked it was a muzzie that did this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    and now the apologies will start pouring in from the Islamic community.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Watch French TV live coverage here:

http://www.france24.com/en/20120320-...-trip#comments

Click on right hand top of page.

~ ABC

Because you aren't a liberal?

They were trying to spin this as the work of a neo-Nazi, but when the guy's name came out, it became too obvious to hide.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    and now the apologies will start pouring in from the Islamic community.

I hope Hai or wewe hold their collective breaths.

Ah the peaceful religion of Islam.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

This is who the french were hoping did it, they did not want it to be connected with Islam, they even had some men in custody that they had to release when it turned out to be Islamic terrorism. Most traces of the story concerning the Neo-nazis have been scrubbed from the internet.
    France investigates neo-Nazis after school killings

Authorities are investigating the possibility that neo-Nazis are behind a shooting spree that left three children and a teacher dead at a Jewish school in France, Interior Minister Claude Geant said Tuesday. ...
    http://news.gkrom.com/articles/franc...chool-killings
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 03-21-2012 at 07:09 PM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    He's finally been shot. Dead even.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    He's finally been shot. Dead even.
    Good.

One of the victims was a Jewish schoolgirl named Miriam (see above), about the age of my oldest daughter. This courageous Islamic warrior grabbed that little girl by the hair as she was running away from him and put a bullet into her. They need to sew his body into a pig skin and bury him in lard.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!