Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 All may not be as it seems in the Martin/Zimmerman case. 
    It's time that someone mentioned the actual facts on the other side of this case.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...002&pid=450632

All may not be as it seems in the Martin/Zimmerman case. [View all]

There is not enough information in this case yet to be making opinions one way or another.

But some information is now coming out that tends to corroborate Zimmerman's claim of self-defense.

The media has largely presented this as a teenage boy out to buy some candy who was shot down for no reason by a wanna-be policeman, with the police being complicit.

But evidence is coming out that makes it seem that the story may not be as originally presented.

Sandford police detectives played back one of the 911 recordings of someone calling for help and Trayvon's father said it was not Travyon.

A 911 caller and eyewitness said that he saw the person who ended up shot (Trayvon) on top of the other person (Zimmerman) and beating him.

When George Zimmerman was arrested, he had a bloody nose and was bleeding from a wound on the back of his head.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/orlandow...-28640523.html

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1phFMGCu4

Whether or not Zimmerman should have confronted someone in his neighborhood as a Neighborhood Watch patrol person is up for debate.

But what it seems to me may have happened is that Zimmerman followed Martin, got out of his car, and a physical altercation started. It just may be that Zimmerman was losing out in this fight.

If the eyewitness account is correct and Zimmerman was on the ground under Martin, with Martin beating him, then he may well have a justifiable excuse for self-defense.

We don't know who started the fight. But it's pretty clear at least that Zimmerman took a beating during the altercation.

And this doesn't go over so well in DUmmie land where the mixed-race Zimmerman has already been convicted in their minds. The OP must be a racist!

cali
    49. why is that poster even here?

"a typical liberal", my ass.

muriel_volestrangler
    73. "atypical", ie "not typical"

Such as, in this case, thinking it's fine for a vigilante to follow and confront someone doing nothing wrong whatsoever. Apparently, they do it themselves all the time, in their own neighborhood.

Justice wanted
    68. You know You should watch an old movie call 12 Angry Men. You remind me of the man who had

all the answers and when it comes down to it HIS own prejudice was the only think keeping him from seeing ALL the facts!

2. #2 Note to Atypical Liberal should he read over here: 
    Note to Atypical Liberal should he read over here:

Atypical Liberal
    126. OK, Zimmerman may have been a racist.

Just saw this Young Turks clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNI5C...feature=player

Seems pretty clear what Zimmerman was saying to me, so I see what you mean by "racist apologist bs".

Sorry.

That copy of the tape (with Zimmerman allegedly saying "f--ing c--ns") is actually doubted by the Martin family's own attorneys.

On "The Last Word" (MSNBC) last night, Lawrence O'Donnell did an entire segment on the tape in the middle of the show, damning Zimmerman with the help of Martin family attorney, Jasmine Reed. Then, in the last segment of the show, Reed does an about-face, after getting off the phone with her law firm:

Jasmine Reed: "And, I actually got a call from my office while we were on break. And, um, there's something in the story we need to correct.

My office has been analyzing the tapes, even as I have been on air. And I know that the version we heard tonight, it appears that the words "f--ing"--the terms "f--ing coons" were used.

But the official version that we have from the police department, uh, you don't hear those expletives.

Um, so where the version stating "f--ing coons" comes from, we don't know. So at this time, until we can verify that is an original copy from the Sanford Police Department, the family cannot stand by those terms because we don't know where that version came from."

http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/

March 20, 2012
    Last Segment: Perceived Racial Overtones in Trayvon Martin Case.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-21-2012 at 02:40 PM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's a long honored tradition on the DUmp to ignore things even when they know they are wrong. Both sides play that game but the DUmmies act like they are totally innocent OR, worse yet, they know they are wrong and continue to lie just to try and shape public opinion.

But Democrats would never do that...right????
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    It's a long honored tradition on the DUmp to ignore things even when they know they are wrong. Both sides play that game but the DUmmies act like they are totally innocent OR, worse yet, they know they are wrong and continue to lie just to try and shape public opinion.

But Democrats would never do that...right????
    I have never seen anyone put his career or reputation (as if he had one) on the line like Lawrence O'Donnell has on this. I don't know what his problem is, but he's a very tightly wound and angry person.

To her credit, when O'Donnell tried to get Corrinne Brown on the "fucking coons" bandwagon, she said she could not understand the second word, but felt that she had heard all she needed to hear with the "dispatcher told him not to follow Trayvon".

I do not understand what is wrong with people- they read and hear what they want to see and hear. The dispatcher or operator did not tell Zimmerman not to follow Martin and even if he had he had no authority to do so. I swear, most of these people commenting on this have never bothered to look up and read the stand your ground law.

How can Lawrence O'Donnell or Al Sharpton ever maintain that they are objective if neither has even mentioned the physical condition of Zimmerman when police arrived? Do they think he bashed himself in the back of the head and threw himself on the ground? And Sharpton showing baby pictures of Martin. For God's sake.

And of course, all of these people are ignoring the ten dead and 39 wounded in Chicago in one weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    To her credit, when O'Donnell tried to get Corrinne Brown on the "fucking coons" bandwagon, she said she could not understand the second word, but felt that she had heard all she needed to hear with the "dispatcher told him not to follow Trayvon".

I thought that was a great answer--and an indication that the lawmaker knew something didn't smell right in Denmark. Makes me wonder if Corinne Brown herself didn't call Jasmine Reed's boss at the law firm and read him the riot act right after that segment. Two segments later, Reed is forced to walk back the issue of the racist expletive and explain that the tape is not reliable.

I believe it was originally mentioned in the story that young Mr. Martin was out and about at the particular time because he had been suspended from school for that day, which led me to believe there might well be more to this story than the 'innocent honor student gunned down by a bloodthirsty Fascist' angle the media, the race-baiting AG, and the family want to play up. I'm reserving judgment on the whole thing for now.

The OP had to edit their post because it looked too much like he/she was defending Zimmerman. The Hive can't tolerated that.

There are over 275 comments on that post.
    EDIT

I believe the poster is correct who said that Zimmerman was probably looking for a fight so even if he didn't start the actual physical confrontation he is still at fault.

EDIT2

It was wrong of me to say anything that might defend Zimmerman. I let my zeal in defending gun rights get the better of me. I apologize.

Clearly Zimmerman is a racist and has a history of violence. He went looking for a fight and even if he didn't start the physical fight he may as well have.
    They are really going crazy over there about this story. Of course if it had been a white boy that was shot by a black man it wouldn't have even been on the radar unless they were thought they could claim that the white boy was harassing the black man. It's always about race with them.

It's hard to tell from what has been stated in the media but this doesn't seem like an instance in which the Castle or Stand Your Ground doctrines will hold up in court. By Zimmerman's own admission, he was tailing Martin and confronted him against the advice of 911. He began questioning Martin when he had no authority to do so. Now if I started following someone that I didn't recognize through my neighborhood play 20 questions with them I think that they have the right to punch me in the mouth. That doesn't automatically grant me the right to shoot them since I am the aggressor.

Now not as tragic as the loss of a life, the liberals in the state are going to attempt use this case to get Florida's self-defense laws over turned. If they succeed then Zimmerman will have done his part to put an end to some of the best laws this state has pasted.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    he was tailing Martin and confronted him against the advice of 911. He began questioning Martin when he had no authority to do so.
    As of yet, this is all supposition. We don't really know what exactly happened or how. According to the girlfriend (who has only talked to the Martin family lawyers) Trayvon spoke first demanding to know why Zimmerman was following him. We know nothing else about their altercation until the 911 calls, when one of the men is screaming for help and then there's a gunshot.

The other (mis)information that is out there has appeared only in the media, not in police reports.

Also, Zimmerman did not call 911. He called the non-emergency dispatch number and he was told that they "didn't need" him to follow Trayvon. There was nothing about confronting him because, as of that call, no confrontation had occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    The OP had to edit their post because it looked too much like he/she was defending Zimmerman. The Hive can't tolerated that.

There are over 275 comments on that post.

They are really going crazy over there about this story. Of course if it had been a white boy that was shot by a black man it wouldn't have even been on the radar unless they were thought they could claim that the white boy was harassing the black man. It's always about race with them.
    The real problem is that they are convicting Zimmerman without trial and destroying him publicly. Talk about a public lynching! (Yeah, I said that.)

If I were Zimmerman, I'd change my name after this. Maybe he can find his birth parents' real names and take one of those.