Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor2012 View Post
    I keep reading that his juvie records were sealed. They don't bother to seal those records unless there is something bad in them.

Here's an interesting freeper thread on the issue:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2863782/posts

Note the thuggish Myspace pic....and that his twitter nic was "“@NO_LIMIT_NIGGA".
    Juvie records don't get sealed until you are 18, right? Or maybe the family attorneys have blocked both the juvie and school records.

Myspace?? Really? I thought nobody used Myspace anymore.

And more on Zimmerman:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82O0F820120325
    George Zimmerman, who has claimed he shot Trayvon Martin on February 26 in self-defense, is staying at an undisclosed location after widely circulated death threats and word of a $10,000 bounty to find him, said legal adviser Craig Sonner, who said he would represent Zimmerman if charges are filed...

....Friends of Zimmerman, who has not spoken to the media, said he was extremely upset about the shooting.

"I mean, he took a man's life and he has no idea what to do about it. He's extremely remorseful about it," said his friend Joe Oliver.

"What makes all these people who are threatening George any better than the person they think he is?" he added. "You've got all these people wanting to lynch the man, and they don't know the whole story.

"There are huge gaps that are being filled in and interpreted without evidence," he said.

AND

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82O0FE20120325

Black friend defends shooter of Florida teen

"He couldn't stop crying. He's a caring human being," Joe Oliver, 53, a former television news reporter and anchor in Orlando who has known Zimmerman for several years, told Reuters in a telephone interview....

...."I'm a black male and all that I know is that George has never given me any reason whatsoever to believe he has anything against people of color," Oliver said.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-25-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Juvie records don't get sealed until you are 18, right? Or maybe the family attorneys have blocked both the juvie and school records.

Juvenile records are sealed when the child's time of supervision is completed, unless the crime is a felony. So if a kid gets juvenile probation at age 12 for shoplifting or some other misdemeanor, sentenced to 6 months probation and restitution, completes it all in 6 months with no further violations, the record might be expunged well before the 18th birthday.

I also read somewhere that Zimmerman has blacks in his family. Don't know the relationship, but still.....looks like the charges of his racism are mere political ploys.

If these ramping up efforts by radicals work to harm Zimmerman, it's going to really get nasty. I'm afraid that "tit-for-tat" scenario might ensue. Of course, I think that is exactly what Obama and his radical ilk want to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

Myspace?? Really? I thought nobody used Myspace anymore.

And more on Zimmerman:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82O0F820120325

AND

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82O0FE20120325

Black friend defends shooter of Florida teen

If the radical left manages to bring charges against Zimmerman and this goes to court, Trayvon's records would be unsealed as evidence by the defense. I am betting those that know the facts and history of Trayvon will not want that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Juvenile records are sealed when the child's time of supervision is completed, unless the crime is a felony. So if a kid gets juvenile probation at age 12 for shoplifting or some other misdemeanor, sentenced to 6 months probation and restitution, completes it all in 6 months with no further violations, the record might be expunged well before the 18th birthday.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Thank you.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor2012 View Post
    If the radical left manages to bring charges against Zimmerman and this goes to court, Trayvon's records would be unsealed as evidence by the defense. I am betting those that know the facts and history of Trayvon will not want that to happen.
    Then perhaps it won't go to an actual trial. What you'll get instead is a Justice Dept. "Civil Rights violation" trial, where Holder's people and Zimmerman's attorneys will argue endlessly over whether he said "goon" or "coon." I get shades of the Rodney King cops and the "Civil Rights" trial, which convicted and imprisoned them when the criminal trial didn't.

I don't think Obama wants a real criminal trial in Florida. I think he wants to appear to be the "savior" of Black America and that can only really be done at the Federal level. Remember, this is all about getting him re-elected so he can finish the job that his minders want him to do.

Power CUer
    A note on George's race:

The official goverment definition of Hispanic:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/fedreg_1997standards

-- Hispanic or Latino. A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race. The term, "Spanish origin," can be used in addition to "Hispanic or Latino."

The term "Hispanic" refers to persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Central and South America, and other Spanish cultures. While there has been considerable public concern about the need to review Directive No. 15 with respect to classifying individuals of mixed racial heritage, there has been little comment on reporting both an Hispanic and a non-Hispanic origin. On many Federal forms, Hispanics can also express a racial identity on a separate race question. In the decennial census, individuals who consider themselves part Hispanic can also indicate additional heritages in the ancestry question....In the meantime, the ancestry question on the decennial census long form does provide respondents who consider themselves part Hispanic to write in additional heritages.

Clear as mud, eh?

Essentially, anyone born in any Spanish-speaking country or culture can identify as Hispanic or Latino, according to the law. This is not necessarily an implication about race.

This reminds me of talk-show host Bill Handel (KFI, Los Angeles) who referred to himself as the "Latino Jew". He was of Polish heritage; most of his family died in the Holocaust, but his dad was hidden from the Nazis by the Catholic Church. After the war, his dad fled to Brazil and Bill was born there. The family moved to the US when he was 11. According to current US law, then, Bill Handel is a Latino (or Hispanic), a fact which greatly amused him; he even had a song written about it.

After identifying as Hispanic or Latino, one can further identify racially: black, white, Asian (there are lots of ethnic Japanese in Brazil), Native American (or Indian).

I find this fascinating. This definition of Hispanic is actually a 1997 revision of previous designations. Earlier definitions indeed implied "Hispanic" as a race. That's what most of us older folk remember.

So the term "White Hispanic", or more properly "Hispanic-White" since the birthplace would come first and the racial designation second, implies someone like Bill Handel, who is of South American origin but of European (white) heritage.

It would NOT necessarily properly denote George Zimmerman; that would greatly depend on his mother's origins. If his mother, Gladys, is of strictly Spanish (European) descent, then it would. But, if Gladys is part Indian (mestizo) or part Black, then George would be Hispanic: Mixed race, or a Mixed-Race-Hispanic.

Judging from what we know about his family (cousins, etc.), I'm placing my bets on Mixed-Race-Hispanic.

Power CUer
    I've lost track: Let's just say:

#28. Police: Zimmerman says Trayvon decked him with one blow then began hammering his head(!!!) (That's impossible!!111!!!)

More fun from the DUmmies as the evidence comes out:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...002&pid=473286
    Police: Zimmerman says Trayvon decked him with one blow then began hammering his head(!!!) [View all]

Last edited Mon Mar 26, 2012, 11:26 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered, authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.
    <snip>
    In his version of events, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind, the two exchanged words then Trayvon punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him.
    <snip>
    He was visiting his father's fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession.
    <snip>

MUCH MORE:
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...black-teenager

Never heard the marijuana claim before.
    A very different story.....
    And a self-serving one. Surprised? NOT!

Where to start, where to start.

OK, let's do the obvious: MARIJUANA!

• Now the 2-week suspension is starting to make sense.
    • Now Mama sending Trayvon to Daddy, 250 miles away (from his drug connections) during his suspension is starting to make sense.
    • Now the rumors of a juvie record are starting to make sense
    • Even the badass Facebook photos are starting to make sense.

Now let's look at George:

For people who don't remember my analysis of the phone call and the timeline:

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...nd-your-ground

Now let's look at the Sentinel's version: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...black-teenager

Zimmerman called police and reported a suspicious person, describing Trayvon as black, acting strangely and perhaps on drugs.

Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.

(Note from Elspeth: listen to the breathing patterns on the tapes. George was far too winded to follow Trayvon on foot.)

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Note: This would account for the injury to the back of George's head.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Several witnesses heard those cries, and there's been a dispute about from whom they came: Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

One witnesses, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest from very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aid, but he said no to going to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

Put that together with the evidence from George's call to non-emergency dispatch and the fact that:

• George was some distance from Trayvon when he made the call. (He couldn't see Trayvon's face nor tell what race he was for sure.
    • During the call, Trayvon approached Zimmerman for a solid minute
    • After a minute, Trayvon ran away, it's still unclear why.
    • George gets out of his SUV
    • For 25 seconds, George pursues Trayvon; he gets winded right away. George is 5'9'' and 220-240
    • Trayvon is out of George's sight. ("He ran")
    • After this, George's breathing slows down and returns to normal. He cannot have been walking or running very fast.
    • George gives the police his name, address, etc. with trepidation. He is worried that Trayvon is still somewhere there watching.
    • George agrees to meet with the police at mailboxes, and then he changes his mind, asking if he can call the officer, who can meet him "where he's at." This indicates that George was planning on moving the SUV, whether to pursue Martin or get away from him is unclear.

Read the timeline at the link above for the exact time on these events.

Afterwards, according to George, he returns to his SUV (highly probable--he can't realistically physically pursue Trayvon and he has demonstrated fear of him.) Then Trayvon attacks him.

My bet--were this the Santa Anita racetrack--would be "No Criminal Trial" (2-1 odds). The more that comes out about Trayvon's criminal behavior (and MJ is still criminal in Florida), the less likely a criminal trial is. Even if the NRA abandons Zimmerman, Trayvon is looking less and less sympathetic and more like a thug.

However, I am betting heavily on "Justice Department Witch Hunt" and "Conviction on 'Civil Rights' violation" (using the term "coon", if that indeed is really on the tape and has not been doctored after the fact. Remember, Trayvon's family's own attorney backed off from that tape on Politics Nation with Al Sharpton.)

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...black-teenager
    The Department of Justice last week opened a civil rights investigation into what happened, and Gov. Rick Scott appointed a special prosecutor.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Banned
    OK, let's do the obvious: MARIJUANA!

Now the 2-week suspension is starting to make sense.
    Now Mama sending Trayvon to Daddy, 250 miles away (from his drug connections) during his suspension is starting to make sense.
    Now the rumors of a juvie record are starting to make sense
    Even the badass Facebook photos are starting to make sense.
    "The family has said, 'what does that have to do with him (Zimmerman) killing my son? What does it matter?'" Crump said. "It's completely irrelevant what Trayvon Martin was suspended for on Feb. 26."

Who cares about Trayvon's use of marijuana? I mean really.. If he got suspended because of marijuana, it still doesn't have anything to do with why George shot him and if it was above and beyond his self defense claim...
    Last edited by Gentleman Pirate; 03-26-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Power CUer
    #29. Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun (This can't be right !!11!!!)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002473511

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...ry?id=16000239

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.

Zimmerman had claimed he had called police about Martin, whom he found suspicious, then went back to his car when Martin attacked him, punching him.

The new information is the most complete version yet of what Zimmerman claims happened on the night of Feb. 26 when he shot and killed the teenager.

In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.
    Well, my, my. my.

Two witnesses now who saw an attacked George Zimmerman: the evil white neighbor from Fox news ( and (sniff) the 13-year-old African American boy

Damn! DU must be dying in pain!

Second, if Trayvon went for the gun (and that's a big if) then self defense is justified even without the Stand Your Ground law, I would imagine. Gun owners, anyone know?