Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    From the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" file:

#30. I'm detecting that the media is beginning to change the Trayvon Martin case narrative. (They can't do this!!! Trayvon is the only only victim!!111!!! He never hurt nobody!!111)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002474038

WI_DEM (27,503 posts)

I'm detecting that the media is beginning to change the Trayvon Martin case narrative

Last edited Mon Mar 26, 2012, 01:20 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

to begin to TRY and elicit sympathy or at least understanding as to why George Zimmerman felt THREATENED and felt HE needed to need to defend himself by KILLING an unarmed teenager.

To me this change in the media narrative makes no difference at all. Trayvon was unarmed. He wasn't committing any crimes and was walking back to the place he was staying, and talking with his girlfriend on his cell phone. Neighborhood goon George Zimmerman saw another black person who he didn't feel should be walking the streets of his neighborhood and decided to pursue him even when 911 told him not to. So what if Zimmerman was bloodied up--Trayvon felt that he was defending himself from a stalker. End of story--Zimmerman should be arrested.
    OK DUmmy,

Let's teach you some facts:

1. The teen was 6'3'', 140-160 lbs. He easily outran the pudgy Zimmerman (5'9'', 240, 28-yrs old).

2. You can hear Fact #1 on the NON-EMERGENCY police dispatch tape. (Not 911. Can we just learn that?)

3. The change in the media narrative is based on the emergence of facts: 2 witnesses (1 African American teen and one old white guy), Zimmerman's real injuries, and Trayvon's 10-day suspension for pot. The Media isn't changing the narrative: the facts are.

4. "Neighborhood goon George Zimmerman"

5. "George Zimmerman saw another black person who he didn't feel should be walking the streets of his neighborhood ".

No, dear heart. Zimmerman saw a tall, teenager whose race he could not tell for sure, and whom he did not recognize ambling around looking at things, like houses. This was a neighborhood that had a lot of crime, and the neighbors were all on edge. Trayvon's actions in that context were suspicious. Zimmerman had every right to call the cops.

6. "and decided to pursue him even when 911 told him not to."

OK, not 911. (See #2). And if you listen to the tape, you can hear that George only pursues for 25 seconds. He's pudgy. He gets winded. The police dispatch hears this heavy breathing. He says "We don't need you to do that [pursue]". After that 25 seconds, Zimmerman's breathing begins to return to normal. Trayvon had disappeared by that time. The only reasonable explanation that fits the facts is that George STOPPED pursuing Trayvon. He couldn't keep up.

7."Trayvon felt that he was defending himself from a stalker. End of story"

Trayvon approached Zimmerman for a solid minute--4 times longer than Zimmerman pursued him later. (You can hear that on the tape.) Was he really afraid of a stalker? Or was he concerned that some guy in an SUV had observed him and was calling the cops?

After a minute, Trayvon decided to run. Why he did is anyone's guess. Maybe he listened to his girlfriend. Or maybe he knew Zimmerman was on the phone with the cops. You do know that Trayvon was suspended for drugs. You know that his dad (Tracy Martin) called the police on Monday morning "to see if he had been arrested". You do the math.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-26-2012 at 04:07 PM.

As information starts leaking out about Trayvon Martin's suspension, drugs, and possible record:

Black leaders press Sanford City Council to go on the record about whether or not Zimmerman should be arrested.

Or, as the Orlando Sentinel puts it:

Trayvon Martin: Crowd presses city commissioners to say Zimmerman should be arrested

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...anford-leaders

SANFORD — Speaker [sic], one after the next, in a packed Sanford Civic Center, have pressed city council members to say — for the record — whether they believe George Zimemrman should be arrested for the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

"Go on the record today in support of the arrest of George Zimmmerman," said Marc Morial, president of the National Urban League.

The Rev. Al Sharpton told Sanford leaders tonight that the city risked a reputation as a place where the civil rights of black people are trampled if it did not take action in the Trayvon Martin case.

"You are risking going down as the Birmingham and Selma of the 21st century," Sharpton said at the Sanford Civic Center, which is packed with hundreds of people.

And the City Council is risking the New Black Panthers at their door and a media character assassination like none they have ever seen.

This is no more and no less than blackmail.

George Zimmerman, Killer of Trayvon Martin, was a Democrat

Uh oh. Now THAT one is gonna leave a mark....lol!

On top of not actually being a "white guy".....he's also a Dem. Wonders never cease.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGrouse View Post
    George Zimmerman, Killer of Trayvon Martin, was a Democrat

I think you're right. Obama is trying to rally the troops and get the ....ah.....er......."natives" restless enough to vote for him en masse this November, since polls show he has lost a bit of that advantage.

Problem is.....this will all be ancient history by then, unless Obama zombies can keep this issue alive and flaming until then. I don't think they can. Not with all of the other issues, much more critical to America, looming.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Then perhaps it won't go to an actual trial. What you'll get instead is a Justice Dept. "Civil Rights violation" trial, where Holder's people and Zimmerman's attorneys will argue endlessly over whether he said "goon" or "coon." I get shades of the Rodney King cops and the "Civil Rights" trial, which convicted and imprisoned them when the criminal trial didn't.

I don't think Obama wants a real criminal trial in Florida. I think he wants to appear to be the "savior" of Black America and that can only really be done at the Federal level. Remember, this is all about getting him re-elected so he can finish the job that his minders want him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor2012 View Post
    Problem is.....this will all be ancient history by then, unless Obama zombies can keep this issue alive and flaming until then. I don't think they can. Not with all of the other issues, much more critical to America, looming.
    I don't know. Racial issues have a long shelf life--and a long half life. All they need is a trial.

Remember OJ Simpson. Remember how Americans were at each other's throats over a very simple case of murder, complete with blood and DNA. The case would have been plea-bargained with any other defendant. But a "Dream Team" racializes it, and suddenly the case is no longer straightforward. OJ became retribution for Rodney King. (Even though the riots were retribution for Rodney King, but that's another story.)

They will get a trial of some kind. It is possible that George will even be exonerated--if it's a criminal trial. (Even in California, a jury will forgive you for defending yourself with deadly force against someone who is beating the shit out of you.) I think it far more likely that they will go to a Justice Department probe with a special prosecutor, because, after all, the government has sooooo much money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor2012 View Post
    Uh oh. Now THAT one is gonna leave a mark....lol!

On top of not actually being a "white guy".....he's also a Dem. Wonders never cease.
    Here's something else that will leave a mark:
    Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton and Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Trayvon Martin

Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

The conservative black pastor who was once the chapter president of the Garland, Texas NAACP called Jackson and Sharpton “race hustlers” and said they are “acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.”

......Bryant said he wishes civil rights leaders were protesting those problems.

“Why not be angry about the wholesale murder that goes on in the streets of Newark and Chicago?” he asked. “Why isn’t somebody angry about that six-year-old girl who was killed on her steps last weekend in a cross fire when two gang members in Chicago start shooting at each other? Why is there no outrage about that?”

Bryant said he worries that “people like Sharpton and those on the left” will make Martin’s death a campaign issue in the presidential race.

He speculated that they will “turn this evolving tragedy of this young man into fodder to say… if you don’t re-elect Obama then you will have unbridled events or circumstances like this happening in the streets to young men wearing hoodies.”

He also criticized President Obama for his “nebulous statement” responding to Martin’s death that “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

“What does that mean?” Bryant asked. “What was the purpose in that?”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/fo...#ixzz1qHNWSNjd
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-26-2012 at 10:18 PM.

The Florida attn General has assigned a new prosecuting attorney to the case, I guess if they don't get the desired outcome they will assign another and then another.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The Florida attn General has assigned a new prosecuting attorney to the case, I guess if they don't get the desired outcome they will assign another and then another.
    They're gonna destroy this man, aren't they.

For an election.

They need the trial, they need racial animus. They need blacks at the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    They're gonna destroy this man, aren't they.

For an election.

They need the trial, they need racial animus. They need blacks at the polls.
    They will find a prosecuting attorney that will press charges, if not the fed will press charges. If the Florida courts do not find him guilty the feds will fabricate charges if need be, .
    And then there are civil charges they can file.
    He may as well put a gun to his head for he is this years scape goat for Americas supposed racial crimes.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg