Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Black Racer Invasion!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well sorta...

We have tons of those snakes and they are usually not a bother. They keep the lizard population in check but today they have come in our pool cage 3 times. I let them out but next time it will be without a head.

SOBs are coming up a hole in the plastic pool rain drain channel. We watched one come right up and I had just thrown it back outside about 15 minutes before. Got the hole plugged but they better take the hint...

I saw the snake on the table outside only by seeing the tongue shoot out!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well sorta...

We have tons of those snakes and they are usually not a bother. They keep the lizard population in check but today they have come in our pool cage 3 times. I let them out but next time it will be without a head.
    Racist.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Racist.

Oh dear!!! Did I offend???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well sorta...

SOBs are coming up a hole in the plastic pool rain drain channel. We watched one come right up and I had just thrown it back outside about 15 minutes before. Got the hole plugged but they better take the hint...

I saw the snake on the table outside only by seeing the tongue shoot out!
    wait till the gators come knockin' for dinner
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    wait till the gators come knockin' for dinner
    That's one advantage to our house---no lake or retention pond outside the yard, just terra firma. I was afraid of a gator getting our skinny greyhounds. Also there was nothing on the market with that water view (that we could afford) when we bought this place.

Weird, I was an animal handler at the STL Zoo, holding boas and pythons, king snakes, etc for the kids in the Children's Zoo to pet. But let them be by the house and I go to pieces. SR had to get them out. It freaked me out seeing a 4 ft long black snake on our table on the lanai (patio).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

I would FREAK the f out.

SLW, good thing you have manly man like SR to take care of these pests....I'd just use it as a reason to call the hunks at the Fire Department..

{I kid!}

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    That's one advantage to our house---no lake or retention pond outside the yard, just terra firma. I was afraid of a gator getting our skinny greyhounds. Also there was nothing on the market with that water view (that we could afford) when we bought this place.

Weird, I was an animal handler at the STL Zoo, holding boas and pythons, king snakes, etc for the kids in the Children's Zoo to pet. But let them be by the house and I go to pieces. SR had to get them out. It freaked me out seeing a 4 ft long black snake on our table on the lanai (patio).
    I heard years ago a hurricane flushed them out of a zoo down there. some friends of ours who moved down there sent us a pic of a gator in their back yard. and you could see their kid in the pic. the wife and i went down there for our honymoon and a kid was eaten by one while we were there
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    SLW, good thing you have manly man like SR to take care of these pests....I'd just use it as a reason to call the hunks at the Fire Department..

{I kid!}
    There was a reason I liked selling to the gov't. The STLPD and the STLFD were my accounts. I would have enjoyed selling them office equipment more, but they were in some pretty scary neighborhoods.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    I heard years ago a hurricane flushed them out of a zoo down there. some friends of ours who moved down there sent us a pic of a gator in their back yard. and you could see their kid in the pic. the wife and i went down there for our honymoon and a kid was eaten by one while we were there
    Little kids are tempting to all the critters. When I was in British Columbia, there were all kinds of signs up warning about cougars, saying they particularly were fond of short people (aka kids or short women like myself).

That did freak me out seeing that snake slither out of the drain near the pool!

Was at Miami Metrozoo shortly after Andrew. They said that when some of the enclosures blew down, animals like the rhinos just stayed in place, were too traumatized to go outside their normal perimeters.

"

GO CARDS