Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Eyelids
    I can only do so much, remember I'm a DIMocRAT.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Apparently you don't know what the fundamentals are. The Fundamentals are strong.

Newsflash: everytime the stock market declines is not the great depression.
    Please 'Google' the last time this many financial institutions went tits-up for an education. ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Oh no the dreaded "S" word, nothing drums up fear amongst Americans like a little Red Scare now and then (although brown people from the desert are making a good run).

It's not really the "S" word that scares us so much...it's the words that usually follow that word after it is implemented.

like the F word FAILURE

like the T word TOTALITARIANISM

By the way, lets thank our lucky stars this isn't our social security money being lost on the market right now.
    And what's the difference? It's all borrowed money that is pissed away regularly and doesn't exist in any tangible sense.
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 09-17-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I'd say this is a little more than a stock market decline.
    And I would say you should stick to what you know.

Unemployment is still low. Spending is still strong.

This is a market correction that I knew would take place 5 years ago. Clinton had the dot com bust, and Bush has the housing bust.

Both cost the market trillions of dollars. Both should have never happened.

But neither one sent us into a Great Depression. People who want to work can still find work. When you have only 6.1% unemployment, that number reflects the lazy, unemployable, and those unwilling to work for what they are worth. Only when you get into the 7s do you have people unable to find jobs that are fitting of their skills and pay grade.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Please 'Google' the last time this many financial institutions went tits-up for an education. ;)
    Yawn.

When we have 25% unemployment and a complete failure of the banking system, let me know.

Yawn.

When we have 25% unemployment and a complete failure of the banking system, let me know.
    Well, that would be a true reflection of the Bush administrations, 41 & 43: Do something after the shit goes down.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Well, that would be a true reflection of the Bush administrations, 41 & 43: Do something after the shit goes down.
    And what did Clinton do to help the economy, besides overseeing the second largest erosion of market capitalization in US history?

And do you understand the "stickiness" of economics? Any economic policy besides emergency monetary policy takes YEARS to hit the broader economy, sometimes a decade.

Bush is a douche bag and a horrible President, no doubt about it, but he can't be blamed for all of this.

And what did Clinton do to help the economy, besides overseeing the second largest erosion of market capitalization in US history?

Care to guess the dollar spread regarding the debt - last 3 months of the Clinton adminisration versus what it will be January 20, 2009?;)

Care to guess the dollar spread regarding the debt - last 3 months of the Clinton adminisration versus what it will be January 20, 2009?;)
    What?!

Using things like dollar spreads and debt, especially without taking inflation into account, is how people try and make the economy look worse than it is.

Simple fact - the national debt does not affect you or I. Not one little bit. It doesn't affect your job, it doesnt affect your income, it doesnt affect the cost of your food, and doesnt mean jack squat. It is a ruze. A fallacy. A worthless statistic backed up by a currency who's value is adjusted daily.

Well take a guess. I'll give you +/- a billion. Come on - sac up!