Thread: WTF? Herbert Hoover 2.0?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Well, if you can't handle that - Owl,

How about asking the American public the Reagan question: Are you better off now than you were (7.9) years ago?

;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Yep - that's what I thought.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Well, if you can't handle that - Owl,

How about asking the American public the Reagan question: Are you better off now than you were (7.9) years ago?

;)
    The "American Public"?

Do you mean the illegal aliens and group of people that get less and less educated and more and more fat? That American Public?

I am WAY better off now than I was 8 years ago.

And so are most of the upper middle class and upper class. Yet I also recognize that while the "rich get richer" the "poor get poorer". But who's fault is that?

I would suggest that successful people are attracted to other successful people, and the traits that make them successful are passed on to their children (most of the time) which is why they are often also successful. Likewise, lazy people are attracted to other lazy people and their traits are passed on to their children.

So a move away from the middle is simple logic, and it will never end.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    The "American Public"?

I am WAY better off now than I was 8 years ago.
    So, the people that vote in presidential elections, without trying to play the bullshit semantics game - do you think they're better off - as a majority, and not just you? These are the folks that will decide the election - like it or not. The economy will decide the same.

So, the people that vote in presidential elections, without trying to play the bullshit semantics game - do you think they're better off - as a majority, and not just you? These are the folks that will decide the election - like it or not. The economy will decide the same.
    The majority will never be better off. The majority is not better off now than 10 years ago in any major economic power. That is because the successful are getting more successful and the unsuccessful are continuing their slide into obscurity.

Any nation that wants a huge middle class scares me. When everyone is equal - you have Communism. The "middle class" is just another term for "everyone is equal".

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Any nation that wants a huge middle class scares me. When everyone is equal - you have Communism. The "middle class" is just another term for "everyone is equal".
    You of course realize 'the middle class' pays the majority of all taxes/fees, eh?

I love how on Page 3 I provide a well researched arguement that totally destroys blinky's credibility and he strides around it and starts a new line of posts. Typical liberal move when they get shown up by a Conservative who's done their homework...that's a bitch move.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I love how on Page 3 I provide a well researched arguement that totally destroys blinky's credibility and he strides around it and starts a new line of posts. Typical liberal move when they get shown up by a Conservative who's done their homework...that's a bitch move.
    Oh what? A case-study from the 1800's? IM SOLD!

You of course realize 'the middle class' pays the majority of all taxes/fees, eh?
    Are you out of your effin mind?! The top 10% of wage earners pay 70% of the tax!!!! And the first 50% pay only 3.1%!!!! That's right! 3.1%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and 32% of tax returns filed paid NO TAX AT ALL!! So, in other words, you are flat out 100% wrong on all points.

And that is under Republican leadership! Just wait until we have a Liberal President and Congress. They will make darn sure that first 50% pay nothing and the top 10% pay, oh, probably about 85% of the tax.

Good-freakin-grief. You have to be living under a rock with an icepick in your ear to not know that.

Last edited by OwlMBA; 09-18-2008 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Oh what? A case-study from the 1800's? IM SOLD!
    For a supposed "Black male" you think you'd care more about your heritage & history......

You know how many stories like this I can list? You've got no arguement that can hold water...the "EvIL Corporatations" aren't the cause for all your problems, taxing the rich more wont add any new jobs and close to 40% of Americans don't pay one single dollar to taxes every year...your plan can't possibly be afforded. Go read some more Ward Churchill.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke