Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

According to these DUers the cruise line should have known that gay man can't control themselves and so they need to avoid places where homosexual behavior is outlawed. It's the cruise lines fault that they were arrested, dontcha know?

Well, I kind of do wonder why a cruise line would have a "gay cruise" and stop at places where homosexuality is illegal. I'm not saying it's the cruise line's fault-everyone is responsible for doing at least some cursory research about a country and any laws or customs that might be conflictual with our own before visiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Could be one of them was blowing up an air mattress.
    It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I don't know, I tend to think that if someone books a "gay cruise" there is a reasonable expectation it doesn't go to places where gay sex is illegal. Just sayin'
    Yeah, that's sort of like holding a pork roast in Saudi Arabia.

Unless, of course, the point was to deliberately get arrested in order to attempt to challenge the law, or at least establish that what happens on the boat isn't subject to the local laws.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What exactly do you think someone on the dock could see on the deck of a cruise ship, if indeed anything?
    Depends. They might have binoculars.

Fabulous Poster
    I don't know, I tend to think that if someone books a "gay cruise" there is a reasonable expectation it doesn't go to places where gay sex is illegal. Just sayin'
    Public sex is illegal almost everywhere. Valid questions here would be whether these men were actually having sex and if they were actually in public.

One thing I read changes the perspective for this article significantly. The "people on the dock" apparently were not there by accident, they had been alerted to the fact that an all male cruise ship was expected and that the people on board were "GASP!" ..... homosexuelles.

Why civilized people would visit such a place is beyond me.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Depends. They might have binoculars.
    I'm not familiar with the level on the ship which would have staterooms with balconies. According to Towleroad, the men were actually in their stateroom. I should think that to see inside a stateroom with the drapes open from the dock, one would need to be on some kind of tower, especially when you look at the pictures of the port and see that there are no high elevation buildings.

Public sex is illegal almost everywhere. Valid questions here would be whether these men were actually having sex and if they were actually in public.
    Sure, but they were arrested for "buggery" (having gay sex) not "indecent exposure" or "lewd and lascivious behaviour." There's a big difference.

I'm not familiar with the level on the ship which would have staterooms with balconies. According to Towleroad, the men were actually in their stateroom. I should think that to see inside a stateroom with the drapes open from the dock, one would need to be on some kind of tower, especially when you look at the pictures of the port and see that there are no high elevation buildings.
    It probably happened on the poop deck. Standing by for semen jokes.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Sure, but they were arrested for "buggery" (having gay sex) not "indecent exposure" or "lewd and lascivious behaviour." There's a big difference.
    Which no one would have known had they not been doing it in public view.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Which no one would have known had they not been doing it in public view.
    That's not true. They were on a gay cruise. Obviously they were having gay sex, that's what I imagine you do on a gay cruise. So everybody knew that, rather than no one.

And they weren't arrested for "having gay sex in public" they were arrested for "having gay sex" (buggery). So the prosecution doesn't have to prove that they were doing it in this location or that location, the prosecution just has to prove they are gay.

That's not true. They were on a gay cruise. Obviously they were having gay sex, that's what I imagine you do on a gay cruise. So everybody knew that, rather than no one.

And they weren't arrested for "having gay sex in public" they were arrested for "having gay sex" (buggery). So the prosecution doesn't have to prove that they were doing it in this location or that location, the prosecution just has to prove they are gay.
    They wouldn't have seen it had it not been true.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg